Community Forum

2160p30 4k UHD or 2160p60 4k UHD (Best Available)?

Regular Contributor

2160p30 4k UHD or 2160p60 4k UHD (Best Available)?

I am having an issue that when I change the volume on my receiver its supposed to display the volume on the tv screen. When I have it set to 2160p60 is will not dipslay the on screen display from the receiver. However when I set it to 2160p30 it will display the on screen display. 

Is there anything being output in 2160p60 that I should keep my Xfinity box at that setting? If I'm thinking correctly the only reason to have that 2160p60 is for streaming Netflix. If this is correct then I can keep the x1 box at 2160p30 and no reduction in resolution. 

I don't use the x1 box to stream Neflix anyway so its not a big deal. 

Expert

Re: 2160p30 4k UHD or 2160p60 4k UHD (Best Available)?

@todd1010 wrote:

I am having an issue that when I change the volume on my receiver its supposed to display the volume on the tv screen. When I have it set to 2160p60 is will not dipslay the on screen display from the receiver. However when I set it to 2160p30 it will display the on screen display. 

Is there anything being output in 2160p60 that I should keep my Xfinity box at that setting? If I'm thinking correctly the only reason to have that 2160p60 is for streaming Netflix. If this is correct then I can keep the x1 box at 2160p30 and no reduction in resolution. 

I don't use the x1 box to stream Neflix anyway so its not a big deal. 

Are you using the Comcast remote when you have the problem? What happens when you use the tv's remote?

I always use my Samsung television's apps for IPV viewing for higher resolution programs: 2160p, 1440p, 0r 1080p. Leaving the box set at 1080p might be best for any programing watched through Comcast. No reason to set box higher until you find 4K to watch sometime in the future.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Are you using the Comcast remote when you have the problem? What happens when you use the tv's remote?

I always use my Samsung television's apps for IPV viewing for higher resolution programs: 2160p, 1440p, 0r 1080p. Leaving the box set at 1080p might be best for any programing watched through Comcast. No reason to set box higher until you find 4K to watch sometime in the future.

No I use my Harmony Elite remote. Everything I have is running through my receiver.

I’ve not used the Comcast remote but I’m very sure it has. I thing to do with the on screen display on the tv, it appears beaded upon me changing the video setting did the cable box that it’s just a resolution conflict.

That’s what I was asking is if there is any reason to keep the 2160p60 on the cable box if there’s no programming available via comcast. I believe only Netflix is capable but I use my Sony 900F smart tv features for streaming Netflix and don’t use the Comcast box.
Expert

Sony uses "Android" processor. It seems to have the most incompatabily problems with Comcast systems.

My Samsung 2015 3D UHD 65 inch curved television seems to work best with Comcast. Comcast's "Ultra HD Sampler" app. It was the model used when Comcast coded the 4K app. I was using the app (most likely Beta version) for about 3 months before anyone on forum noticed it.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Contributor

I don't believe its a sony issue. It appears it my Pioneer Elite SC-LX701 receiver not allowing it to display on the 2160p60 resolution...not sony. 

Highlighted
Expert

@todd1010 wrote:

I don't believe its a sony issue. It appears it my Pioneer Elite SC-LX701 receiver not allowing it to display on the 2160p60 resolution...not sony. 

I used to have everything connected on HDMI cables through my Sony 5.1 AV receiver (circa 2103). When I received my Samsung UHD tv in January 2016, the manual suggested connecting everything through the telvision's hub.

Like you I connected tv the same way I had with my 2005 Sony Bravia 1080p tv. The tv's "AnyNet" system fought with Sony ARC system. I ended up going through Samsung hub. I connected the Sony AV through the hub's ARC HDMI port. Everything has been fine since then.