Community Forum

2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics with Xfinity

Administrator

2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics with Xfinity

Xfinity brings our customers unprecedented access to NBCUniversal's coverage of the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics.

Olympics1.JPG2018 Winter Olympics on X1

Whether you just tune in to track medal counts, or you’re glued to the TV until 3am every night, we’ve got you covered with more than 2,000 hours of programming from February 8th – 25th, 2018.

We’ve created an unparalleled Olympic Winter Games experience that integrates all of NBCUniversal’s live, on demand, and online streaming content into one comprehensive Olympics dashboard on X1, and across platforms for the first time.

Xfinity X1 combines live TV and streaming coverage—along with athlete profiles, stats, and On Demand content—into one integrated, voice-controlled destination. It’s the ultimate viewing experience for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang. We’re talking every minute, every moment, and every medal!

Choose how you want to experience this content:

• Xfinity Stream app: Everywhere access
    • The Xfinity Stream app gives you on-the-go access to all things Team USA and Olympic Winter Games.
    • Why you want it:
      • Watch live events, On Demand coverage, and your DVR library—no matter where you are or what device you’re on
      • Download your favorite Olympic sports and watch on-the-go, even without WiFi or data service

• X1 Front Row app: Curated content
    • The Front Row app seamlessly blends 2,000 hours of programming with in-depth features and an intuitive interface.
    • Why you want it:
      • Access the Front Row to Pyeongchang features anywhere, on any device with the Xfinity Stream app
      • Browse 50 channels of curated highlights featuring the biggest moments of The Winter Olympics
      • Get 4k UltraHD coverage of primetime events*
        • *NOTE: 4k content subject to availability and equipment requirements
      • Pilot the Front Row features using the X1 Voice Remote and over 1,500 Olympic-specific commands
      • Keep track of the medal counts, schedules, real-time stats, and more

• Sports on X1: Streamlined access
    • Sports on X1 gives you fast, convenient access to Team USA competing at the Olympic Winter Games.
    • Why you want it:
      • Keep track of medal counts, schedules, real-time stats, and more
      • Get quick access to events, watch On Demand highlights, and learn more about the nations, teams, and athletes
      • Select and follow your favorite athletes and teams so you never miss an event
      • Get tune-in notifications for marquee Olympic events that you don’t want to miss
      • Use “Gold Zone” to track the best live action happening at any given moment

• X1 Voice Remote: Speak to search
    • Control your entire Olympic Winter Games experience with the X1 Voice Remote.
    • Why you want it:
      • Use your voice to search every event, sport, country, and athlete
      • Access all the Front Row app features with over 1,500 Olympic-specific voice commands
    • Common Voice Commands:

Olympics2.JPGCommon X1 Olympic Voice Remote Commands

• Top channels: Handpicked content
    • Discover the biggest and best moments at the Olympic Winter Games with our handpicked playlists.
    • Why you want it:
      • View content organized across a wide range of categories—sporting events, epic wins, heartbreaking losses, best of last night, and more
      • See the freshest moments as they happen with continuous updates

Frequently Asked Questions

How to use X1 to view real-time updates of the Olympic Winter Games 2018:

• Press the “C” button on your Xfinity remote to open sports on X1 on your TV screen. From here, navigate to the ‘Winter Olympics’ tab to find lots of options, ranging from viewing stats to watching highlights. 

Pro Tip: Have an X1 Voice Remote? Press and hold the microphone button, then say “Sports” to get into the action.

How to mark a team/country as your favorite:

• You can select your favorite teams (countries) so you know when they are about to compete. To bookmark a team/country, open sports on X1, navigate to ‘Winter Olympics,’ and use the up and down arrow buttons on your remote to highlight the sport in which your favorite team is playing. Next, press the ‘OK’ button. Scroll down until you see the ‘Favorite’ option highlighted in blue on the bottom of the app screen. Scroll down and press ‘OK’ to mark a team as your favorite. 

After selecting your favorite teams, you will notice a ‘Favorites’ tab in the sports area of X1 alongside different leagues. This will now act as your on-screen hub to stay current with your favorite countries. To unfavorite a team, follow the same process, deselect the team, and press Done.

Never miss a moment! While navigating sports on X1, you’ll still be able to view live programming on the left-hand side of your screen.

How to view live Olympic Winter Games action from your phone, tablet, or computer:

• With the Xfinity Stream app, you can view live television from devices with Internet connectivity while on the go.

Will all X1 TV Boxes receive the same content on the Olympics Home on X1?

• RNG150 TV Boxes will not receive content labeled with an "Internet" badge, as these devices are not compatible with Internet content.

Does content from the Olympics Home on X1 count towards data usage?

• Some content will count towards data usage. Content that counts towards data usage is labeled with an "Internet" badge.

**UPDATE 02/08/18**

How to Get 4K UHD HDR Content on X1

In order to view 4K UHD HDR content on X1, you must have the following equipment:

• Xfinity X1 XG1v4 DVR TV Box
    • Video resolution should be set to 2160p60 or 2160p30
  • Compatible 4K UHD HDR TV
    • The HDMI port on your TV / AV Receiver / Soundbar must be HDCP 2.2 compliant
    • The output device should be 4K UHD, HDR and Dolby ATMOS compliant

**Note**: 4K UHD streaming of the Winter Olympics On Demand is only available on specific TV models and may not be supported on all TV/receiver HDMI ports. You should refer to your TV manual to see if you can receive 4K content.

How to Watch 4K UHD HDR Olympic Winter Games On Demand Content on X1

• See the Best in 4K UHD within the Olympics Home will display to XG1V4 X1 TV Boxes.
  • You can also search for programming, and Episodes will display.
    Olympic Life Programming with Episodes selected

• Selecting Ways to Watch will default to the best watch option resolution, based on your TV Box capabilites.
    Episode of Olympic Life dispalying with Ways to Watch selected

If your devices (TV Box and TV) are capable of playing 4K UHD HDR content, free 4K UHD will appear as the default Ways to Watch option.
    Olympic Life episode with Free 4K UHD viewing option selected

Note: 4K UHD HDR On Demand programming may also have an HD/SD equivalent version. (The content will not be the exact, such as different announcers and cameras.) You can select 4K UHD, HD or SD in Ways to Watch.
Olympic Life On Demand programming episode available in 4K UHD

Olympic Life On Demand programming episode available in HD

Olympics3.JPG

Problem Solver

Will the winter Olympics be in 4k?

On x1.
Expert

Re: Will the winter Olympics be in 4k?

Who knows. Comcast went through enough grief on the Summer Olympics. I seems only a handful (myself included) got to see all the offerings that time.

I got lucky having the exact model of Samsung 3D UHD television used to set up the "Ultra HD Sampler" app. Evidently; I was one of their first Guinea Pigs to use the app in early 2016. I did get to watch everything that was ever put on the app in 4k.

I should have added that I have gotten many opportunities since that time with special free 4K apps showing up offered by the networks for special events where they test filming in 4K.

Regular Visitor

How Do I Get The Olympics In 4K?

There are now quite a few articles from a few days ago saying NBC will be offering the Olympics in 4K for next day coverage.  Xfinity was mentioned. 

I did some research on Xfinity.Com and found I need to get a particular X1 Box. It also said something about needing to be a NetFlix Premium member. I'm not a Netflix user nor am I interested in becoming one, since it does not offer the shows I watch. It also said you can't order online, but can you order by phone? My local stores don't always have everything in stock.

Problem Solver

Re: How Do I Get The Olympics In 4K?

it looks like nothing live will air in 4k but next day .

Does anyone know if they'll be availble in the Sampler? app? or do we have to get the 4k box?

Regular Visitor

Yes, I'm wondering by what means we can get the next day coverage. I hope someone knows and can answer our questions or tell us where else we can get the answers.

Contributor

Excellent question.  Here is a link to just one of those articles mentioning Xfinity:

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018/01/12/winter-olympics-to-be-distributed-in-4k-hdr/

To quote the article:

"The transmissions from PyeongChang, South Korea are being made available by Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS) and Japan’s NHK and has immediately been picked up by the US broadcaster NBC, which will offer the pictures to customers of its Comcast Xfinity service."

So, if we are Xfinity customers, and have the only 4K box they offer and all of the necessary equipment, we should be able to receive this correct?  Of course in typical Comcast fashion, before they make a press release, they do not notify their customer facing employees, so calling customer service gets you to someone who has no idea what you're talking about.  Just like when they announced Netflix in 4K.

I'm very happy to read about this, I just want to make sure there are no "gotcha's" that we will find out about right before the broadcast.

Expert

I would be very happy to watch 4K coverage of the Olympics with either the "Ultra HD Sampler" 4k app. or a NBC special 4K app.

I was happy watching all 4K summer Olympics in Rio shown as replay on the "Ultra HD Sampler" in 2016. I was also happy watching the Golf tournament on the special 4K NBC app last year. I currently use the NBC (hd) app found on my Samsung UHD television.

Now if they expect us get and use a X1 cable-box (replace my Cisco RNG 150N) and start renting the 4K DVR box, and pay to use their version of Netflix (up-charged for 4K), they are sadly mistaken. I was not happy with CBS and their way of offering their CBS (hd) app, and would never purchase it. If this ends up the only option, I will skip watching the winter Olympics, and dump the current NBC app which I really like.

Contributor

Well, they have announced how we will get the Olympics in 4K HDR and Atmos:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180117006247/en/Comcast-Unveils-Unparalleled-Winter-Olympic...

New Poster

Olympic Games using XFINITY Instant TV Sport & News channel pack?

Will I be able to stream the Olympic Games from NBC Olympics using XFINITY Instant TV Sport & News channel pack?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Want to know the Winter Olympics television schedule?

For the television schedule of the XXIII Olympic Winter Games, click here: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2018/01/22/2018-winter-olympic-games-listings/

Valued Contributor

NBCOLYMPICS TO PROVIDE 4K HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE COVERAGE OF WINTER OLYMPICS TO DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS

Problem Solver

Re: NBCOLYMPICS TO PROVIDE 4K HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE COVERAGE OF WINTER OLYMPICS TO DISTRIBUTION PARTNER

Do you need the 4k box? or will it be on the sampler?

Regular Visitor

I'm replying to bump this back to the first page. I thought Xfinity employees sometimes came here to answer questions. Here's a summary of what I'm asking:

I already have and pay for a non-4k Xfinity X1 unit. I would like to replace that with a 4k enabled Xfinity X1 unit, so I can see the Olympics in 4K and future special programming in 4k (and, hopefully, normal broadcast TV in 4k in the future). However, I do not want to have to pay for Netflix, since it doesn't have the programs I watch (Xfinity On Demand has those).

1. So, can I get a 4k Xfinity X1 without having to pay for Netflix?

2. If I can do that, where can I get the 4k Xfinity X1? Online, by phone, or in store?

3. If in store, are all stores in all areas carrying the 4K Xfinity X1s, and do they have enough in stock? 

Frequent Visitor

You do not need Netflix Premium (4K) to get the box.  

Go online to Xfinity Chat and request the 4K DVR. You can get one shipped to the house for a $15 shipping charge, but sometimes they waive that fee depending on your payment history/customer loyalty etc.  The local offices are hit or miss as far as having them available.

Expert

Re: NBCOLYMPICS TO PROVIDE 4K HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE COVERAGE OF WINTER OLYMPICS TO DISTRIBUTION PARTNER

This link is from NBC, not Comcast.

It might mean that they will supply a 4K version of their NBC (hd) broad-band app for use during the Winter Olympics. I have been used their current broad-band app. NBC did supply a 4K app for one of the major golf matches last year.

NBC also took advantage of the Comcast "Ultra HD Sampler" app for the Rio Summer Olympics. The format seems to be similar to Rio in that the 4K HDR events will be shown delayed after the live events. Comcast came out with an announcement on the X1 forum about a special interface for watching the Winter Olympics on Xfinity a day or two ago. While they mention the 4K HDR offerings, there is really nothing specific on how that will happen. They comment about special apps.

Xfinity requires a X1 box + the 4K DVR box for any 4K over broad-band, and the only way that works currently is with Netflix. Netflix is not mentioned in the Comcast announcement. There is also the problem of getting the 4K DVR's out to customers and set up to actually view 4K right now.

I hope that means that NBC and Comcast are trying to cover all bases for picking up the maximum number of customers with UHD HDR televisions. We have to see what is announced in the next week or two.

Valued Contributor

NBC OLYMPICS ANNOUNCES RECORD 89 COMMENTATORS FOR COVERAGE OF OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES

Official Employee

Re: Olympic Games using XFINITY Instant TV Sport & News channel pack?

HJ5, you will be able to access the Olympic games as long as you subscribe to "NBC".

How to access the Olympics Home on X1:
Olympics Home is located on the Sports Guide. There are three different ways to access:

• Simply say "Sports" into your X1 Voice Remote to go to the Sports Guide.
  • Select the xfinity button, then On Demand.
    • Select Sports at the top, then the Olympics tab or
    • Under Featured, select Sports Guide then the Olympics tab.
  • Navigate to the X1 Sports Guide by pressing the Guide button twice.
    • Note: Choosing a different Guide view will keep that Guide view for the remainder of the session or until you choose another Guide view. Learn more about changing your default Guide view for X1.
  • Navigate to the Winter Olympics tab in the Sports App.

Learn more about the Sports Guide on X1 and how to access it.

Frequent Visitor

I have the 4K DVR (XG1v4) and can find no special UHD channels. There was no charge to upgrade to this DVR and there will be no upcharge for future 4K content from what I've been told. If the Olympics are supposed to be available in UHD "next day", that likely means via an on DVR app. Netflix is not required, but it seems it is the only 4K content you can view through the DVR. I was told the 1000+ channels will eventually be the UHD channels, but that is not currently the case.
Expert

@ wrote:
I have the 4K DVR (XG1v4) and can find no special UHD channels. There was no charge to upgrade to this DVR and there will be no upcharge for future 4K content from what I've been told. If the Olympics are supposed to be available in UHD "next day", that likely means via an on DVR app. Netflix is not required, but it seems it is the only 4K content you can view through the DVR. I was told the 1000+ channels will eventually be the UHD channels, but that is not currently the case.

Whomever told you the 1000+ channels would be UHD is baloney.

Those channels are just a different way of grouping channels found elsewhere.

Regular Contributor

The 4K Olympic programming will be available the next day via On-Demand. There will be a section for each sport.
Problem Solver

So we need the 4k Box? since on demand is only availble on the X1 box any content on the sampler?

Frequent Visitor

I believe the sampler was actually discontinued last year. If you don't already have it installed you can't download it.
New Poster

How will I be able to watch Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 in UHD 4K?

Hello,

How will I be able to watch Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 in UHD 4K on Comcast/Xfinity?

Yes, I understand that UHD 4K Winter Olympic content may be delayed a day or two.   But, I have been so far been unable to find anything that explains how UHD 4K Winter Olympic content will be delivered to my TV/Cable Box.

I have a LG OLED 4K Smart TV that has a Xfinity 4K Sampler App loaded that has never worked.   4K Smart TV is hardwired connected to 1GB Xfinity Internet service.

And I have a Comcast/Xfinity X1 AX014ANM set top box.    (4K Netflix Works)     

Will the 4K Olympic content be just another selection on the Winter Olympic On-Demand Screen or will I have to download a special App to either the 4K Smart Tv or the 4K X1 Box?

Thanks,

mchiles

Expert

Re: How will I be able to watch Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 in UHD 4K?

If you do not have the 4K DVR box yet, you are actually getting Netflix in 1080p at best.

The "Ultra HD Sampler" app still works for those of us who have not signed off in the last few months. The comments from Comcast are very vague on how 4k delayed programing will actually take place. I did get to watch everything ever put on the 4K app since around April 2016. That includes everything placed on the app from Rio Summer Olympics.

We all are still waiting to hear how this will take place.

New Poster

Re: How will I be able to watch Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 in UHD 4K?

The Comcast/Xfinity X1 AX014ANM set top box IS a 4K box.   I am getting Netflix in 4K.   I know so, because the shows, like Marco Polo, say 4K when you select it.     4K Netflix thru the X1 box however does not have HDR.     I do not watch Netflix thru the X1 box.  I watch it through the 4K TV's Smart TV app.   Much Much Much better picture with HDR.

Regular Contributor

Is there any news on this?

There's now a widely available 4k Xfinity DVR - XG1v4. But the only 4k on the box seems to be Netflix. 

If they can put Netflix on the XG1v4, why not the "Xfinity UHD app" and/or a dedicated Olympics channel?

Directv and Dish are doing some Olympics in 4k on their boxes, but not Comcast. Strange

Official Employee

Hello all,

Please refer to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/4kuhd-hdr-olympics-on-x1 for an additional information about the Winter Olympics in 4K. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 on Xfinity X1

@ wrote:

Xfinity brings our customers unprecedented access to NBCUniversal's coverage of the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics...

Will any of this be in 4k on the XG1v4 ? the 4k comcast box

Regular Contributor

Expert

There is an open thread on this topic here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Ways-to-Watch-the-Winter-Olympics-4K/td-p/3045...

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Expert

There is an open thread on this topic here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Ways-to-Watch-the-Winter-Olympics-4K/td-p/3045...

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Silver Problem Solver

wrote:

wrote:

Xfinity brings our customers unprecedented access to NBCUniversal's coverage of the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics...

I have no way to prove it but I suspect that is the ONLY way to get 4k, don't you think?  Or do I misunderstand what you say?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/4kuhd-hdr-olympics-on-x1

I found out a few minutes later - yes select Olympics programs will be 4k on the XG1v4.

As far as other ways:

-if you still have the comcast UDH App installed/working on your android Samsung/LG UHD Tv.

-if you have Directv or DishNetwork 4k boxes.

Administrator
Moved:

Problem Solver

Comcast said you never needed the box now you do 

Unreal. I been wanting to since mid january.

what a bomb. so the sampler won't have anything just great.

Frequent Visitor

Quick question.  I just followed the support article mentioned and NO 4k programming was listed.  The specific episode listed was shown but only in HD.

Is anyone seeing any 4k in the Olympics area of OD?   I of ocurse have a v4 4k box with what appears to be the most recent firmware and server version.

Thanks....

Expert

@ wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/4kuhd-hdr-olympics-on-x1

I found out a few minutes later - yes select Olympics programs will be 4k on the XG1v4.

As far as other ways:

-if you still have the comcast UDH App installed/working on your android Samsung/LG UHD Tv.

-if you have Directv or DishNetwork 4k boxes.

As I just pointed out a few hours ago on a separate post on the "Ultra HD Sampler" question. I was able to connect on the "Ultra HD Sampler" app today (I never sign out).

The app had a newer revision number for January 2018 which wasn't there about a week ago. The app also had a message stating the app will end being used on 2/9/2018.

That means Comcast chose to go for "More money !". No 4K Olympics on the app!

Problem Solver

yeah that's not my problem my problem is comcast should have let us know we needed the 4k box ahead of time not a day before stuff starts this blows....

Frequent Visitor

@ , they never told us that the old boxes would support 4K, but until very recently, you could only get the XG1v4 if you were a new customer and via professional install.  I tried to get one sent to me when I signed up, via self-install without luck.  I went to go pick one up - no luck.  I was told it would be $50 for an install (Read: plug in the new box, activate it, leave).

Finally about 2 weeks ago when I read about Comcast showing the Olympics in 4K, I called and was told that I could pick one up, and got the last one at my local store.

New Poster

How do i watch the olympics without downloading HD

I can't afford to download HD and I want to watch the winter Olympics. How do I do this without HD?
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: How do i watch the olympics without downloading HD

wrote:
I can't afford to download HD and I want to watch the winter Olympics. How do I do this without HD?

You don't have to have HD, you can follow the Olympics very easily on NBC as well as many other ways

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Olympic-Winter-Games-PyeongChang-2018-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/3038590

Problem Solver

So no live events in 4k?

I might sit this one out. HD is good enough for me on my 4k tv upscaled.

Expert

@ wrote:

So no live events in 4k?

I might sit this one out. HD is good enough for me on my 4k tv upscaled.

Pharrel:

Check for the NBC app under the apps listed on your 4K television's apps. The app is free, so sign up on it. The app has a section to watch Winter Olympics starting today. Most programing would be 1080p (for 1080i on network). 1080p over Internet is better the 1080i OTA or over regular Comcast cable.

Administrator

wrote:

wrote:

@tzr916,

The informaiton that Expert: RobertWy provided is accurate. In order to get any of the Olympic 4k content you must have compatible 4k equipment. At this time, the only 4k equipment that Xfinity provides is the XG1v4.

wrote:

Quick question.  I just followed the support article mentioned and NO 4k programming was listed.  The specific episode listed was shown but only in HD.

Is anyone seeing any 4k in the Olympics area of OD?   I of ocurse have a v4 4k box with what appears to be the most recent firmware and server version.

Thanks....

@Ntsc358

Olympic 4k content will include the opening ceremony, select sports, and the closing ceremony all available OnDemand (1st post on this thread updated to include how to watch 4k Winter Olympic content)

At this time, all other 4k content offered by Xfinity is via the Netflix app with their Premium plan. 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastJessie is there some trick to enable Dolby Atmos on the XG1v4?  I have corresponded with tech support via @Comcastcares on Twitter, but in the end, they told me it wasn't available.  This conflicts with other things I've read and with the information about the Olympics.

I have tried Auto-Detect and Expert modes with the Dolby Atmos Leaf trailer (via OnDemand), but can't get Dolby Digital Plus (which carries the Atmos signal) or a full Atmos signal to come out of the box.  Also, all of the Netflix titles come up as 5.1 on the Comcast Netflix app, even the ones I know are Atmos from watching them on my LG TV app and Roku.

I'm using certified 18Gbps HDMI cables and have Dolby Digital Plus and Atmos working with many other sources.  

Expert

wrote:

@ComcastJessie is there some trick to enable Dolby Atmos on the XG1v4?  I have corresponded with tech support via @Comcastcares on Twitter, but in the end, they told me it wasn't available.  This conflicts with other things I've read and with the information about the Olympics.

I have tried Auto-Detect and Expert modes with the Dolby Atmos Leaf trailer (via OnDemand), but can't get Dolby Digital Plus (which carries the Atmos signal) or a full Atmos signal to come out of the box.  Also, all of the Netflix titles come up as 5.1 on the Comcast Netflix app, even the ones I know are Atmos from watching them on my LG TV app and Roku.

I'm using certified 18Gbps HDMI cables and have Dolby Digital Plus and Atmos working with many other sources.  

I'm not interrupting @ComcastJessie 's response, but adding that if you have audio hooked up by HDMI on an HDCP 2.2 capable path, and have the set top box options set to expert mode (Xfinity button >> gear(settings) >> audio >> HDMI Audio Output >> 'expert mode") you will have the best capable output that the HDCP handshake finds available.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, and that's where I have hit a snag. I have devices that show what's reported by the EDID/HDMI handshake of my Marantz AV7703 premp and it shows as capable of 4K HDR 60p video and DD+/DTS, but the XG1v4 doesn't seem to be seeing this or at least enabling DD+ output when it does. On another thread (not sure if it was here), someone said that tech support told them that the Auto-Detect should say Atmos in parentheses, but he, and every other post I could find, failed to get Atmos to work. What I would like to know is if any Comcast user has been able to get Atmos to work. If not, are they planning an update to the XG1v4 box ahead of the Olympics to enable it, considering that it's being advertised?
Regular Contributor

@ wrote:

Thanks, and that's where I have hit a snag. I have devices that show what's reported by the EDID/HDMI handshake of my Marantz AV7703 premp and it shows as capable of 4K HDR 60p video and DD+/DTS, but the XG1v4 doesn't seem to be seeing this or at least enabling DD+ output when it does. On another thread (not sure if it was here), someone said that tech support told them that the Auto-Detect should say Atmos in parentheses, but he, and every other post I could find, failed to get Atmos to work. What I would like to know is if any Comcast user has been able to get Atmos to work. If not, are they planning an update to the XG1v4 box ahead of the Olympics to enable it, considering that it's being advertised?

I'm having the exact same issue here. Playing the Leaf demo is not sending Atmos to my Denon AVR. Works great with my Bluray UHD player, but not working with the XG1v4.

Problem Solver

Thanks Mtundara I'll try it.