Community Forum

2018 LG OLED65C8 & XG1v4

Regular Visitor

2018 LG OLED65C8 & XG1v4

There have been numerous posts regarding the quality of picture offered from the XG1v4, as compared to the previous XG1 versions. I too have fallen in that rabbit hole. I received a brand new OLED TV and connected it to my XG1 with no issues. I read about Comcast’s offering of the new v4, so gave that a whirl. I have been pulling my hair out for 3 days trying to figure why the picture looks so disappointing compared to last week. 

From what I’ve read, it’s truly not the cables, the TV settings, etc., but a box that doesn’t/can’t deliver what it was designed to. 

Im heading to my local Comcast office tomorrow to swap out the “latest in technology” for the X1 which provided a much better picture.

I’ll let you all know how it goes for peace of mind. 

Expert

Re: 2018 LG OLED65C8 & XG1v4

We hear you. There have been a number of versions coming from this one supplier. It's new technology for them, and not quite ready for primetime.

I have had my Samsung 3D UHD 65" curved television since the second week of 2016. Since I use DSL (different Internet provider than Comcast) I cannot use X1 boxes or the 4k DVR without dropping DSL (not going to happen).

Since all the built-in apps on our "smart televisions" include the few Comcast currently offers, it is a non-problem for me. My Cisco RNG150N (HD cable-box) is less of a problem than the 4KDVR for up-scaling to 2160p through my television.

If, and when they come out with 4K version of a cable-box for linear cable only, then I will get one. Some people do like some of the features of the Comcast voice remote for finding programs, but I don't use a DVR and linear version of ON DEMAND has always been fine with me.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: 2018 LG OLED65C8 & XG1v4

@MCollins1

I'm not sure if you received my private message from last week or not, but if you are still wishing to have a 4K DVR sent to you, please reply at your earliest convenience so I can get it sent. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!