Community Forum

2 DVR's how to control where programs are recorded?

Contributor

2 DVR's how to control where programs are recorded?

I feel a little gluttonish but I own 2 TV's , one in the living Room (the 4K TV) and one in the bedroom a 1080P. I used to have an older Comcast DVR in the living Room but moved it to the Bedroom (not a 4K TV) and put the new Comcast XG1v4-A DVR in the living room with the new 4K TV. I have a number of programs , older programs too old for the cloud on the old DVR and over time I would like to re-record them on the new DVR plus record newer stuff on the new DVR  so eventually I can trade the old DVR in for a newer model. Is there any way to direct which DVR I record programs too? 

Official Employee

Re: 2 DVR's how to control where programs are recorded?

No there isn’t for scheduled recordings, because you have 2 the system chooses the DVR with less space. If you are recording something live, go to the DVR you wish and press record and that’s where it’s recorded.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Andrew is there any way to see what is recorded on which DVR? Also I noticed when reading posts on similar threads that each post doesn't carry a date so readers have no idea what is old information and what is current information or posts. Is there a way to see the date of each post on a thread?

Official Employee

No there isn’t a way

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Andrew is that answer for both questions, the DVR and dates on posts in a thread?

Official Employee

It may depend on your device but I can see post dates with a laptop, fire hd tablet and iPhone just fine

Contributor

I'm running Windows 7 and the most recent Chrome browser. Where do you see the date, which corner upper/lowwer near the posters name? Thanks I will try other browsers and see if it makes any difference.

Official Employee

iPhone on the left, laptop and tablet on the right

Silver Problem Solver

I have three DVR's and I don't know how to tell which recordings are on which DVR.  All I see is a recording date.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Yes obviously the DVRs know which has what recordings but when they created the O/S I guess no one thought someone would own more than one DVR so they didn't write the software to tell what is on the disc.

Another issue which is probably not very important unless we were thinking of changing DVRs is when both discs are near full does the system record parts of one program on both DVRs?

Official Employee

No, it will make space on the DVR that the recording was started.

Most Valued Poster

On same Windows 7 computer but using Firefox and still no dates. Interesting.

Expert

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

if you have a streaming TV website question there is a whole separate area on this forum. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

if you have a streaming TV website question there is a whole separate area on this forum. 

My question was about DVRs but I noticed that none of the posts in this thread have a date or time visable so wondered why. Do you know why?

Expert

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

My question was about DVRs but I noticed that none of the posts in this thread have a date or time visable so wondered why. Do you know why?

if reading this using a browser usually making the window wider will add the date/time stamp to right top of each message.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

I'm seeing the right hand side of the post box and in the upper right corner is 3 vertical dots but no date and time.

Most Valued Poster

Interesting side note. When I send or read a DM there is a date (no time) in the upper left corner next to the person's name.

Silver Problem Solver

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

Interesting side note. When I send or read a DM there is a date (no time) in the upper left corner next to the person's name.

Your post has a date and time in the upper right corner.Date and time stanp-2.jpg

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Most Valued Poster

Thanks. I have a multi monitor system and when I moved the tab to a different monitor the date and time showed up. So I have to see if it is the monitor settings or the resolution settings that need to be changed.