Community Forum

1 PST

New Poster

1 PST

I have tried rebooting repeatedly to fix the error code 1 PST without avail. I have checked the connections and they seem fine. I am not sure sure if my signal levels are up to par... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 1 PST

The error message usually means the box is defective and needs to be replaced.

dbrl27 wrote:

I have tried rebooting repeatedly to fix the error code 1 PST without avail. I have checked the connections and they seem fine. I am not sure sure if my signal levels are up to par... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

New Poster

I had swapped the STB to another outlet and it works fine. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what my signal levels are.....

TIA

Official Employee

dbrl27 wrote:

Thanks!

Is this a new install? I notice that you have an old digital box and older DTAs

Do you happen to have an amp? I ask because the dvr where it's at now has a too high of upstream and downstream. If it the upstream is even higher at the original location it may result in that error. Not a box fault.

Unrelated to X1, your modem is also out of spec by the same amount and should have been replaced it is considered end of life.

New Poster

The digital box is only about a year and a half old. I do have a amp (which I installed because I was having signal drop at the same STB.)

Do you advise that I exchange all of my equipment out (for newer equipment)?

Thanks for your help!

Official Employee

dbrl27 wrote:

The digital box is only about a year and a half old. I do have a amp (which I installed because I was having signal drop at the same STB.)

Do you advise that I exchange all of my equipment out (for newer equipment)?

Thanks for your help!

Can you temporarily bypass that amp? If you were having issues previously with that same outlet, an amp is just a bandaid. You should have it checked out and see what is truly wrong with it or have it replaced. 

Anytime that you have a chance to improve on the equipment, that is providing your services, take it if the equipment is available. That digital box is way older than that.

New Poster

OK   Thanks for the help!