Community Forum

xpods/home security/xfi app

New Poster

xpods/home security/xfi app

1 order for service, 1 installation tech, 1 chat, 4 reps, and 1 hr 20min later. Ordered new service bundle package and home security. Was told if home security had connectivity issues get xpods. Fast forward, installation tech installs cameras/censors, 2 cameras have connectivity issues, tech swaps out camera during install, still doesn't work, 10 hours later...literally...came at 0830 left 1730ish..."you are going to need xpods" order xpods, install xpods, still connectivity issues. Here's where xfi comes into play. The home app the tablet and on my TV the home security works! In the xfi app only my 3 cameras are showing not connected to the network.

1. Do online chat and explain. I let her know in the chat if it's not supposed to show up great, but if it is I dont know what to do (that's almost verbatim) They can't help, gave me phone number, I call, talk to a rep.

Rep 1. I explain it's only the xfi app showing cameras not connected to network, she runs me through some tests, can't help, then transfers me,

Rep 2. same thing, explained ran tests, can't help, transfer again,

Rep 3. has no clue I've been transferred so previous rep did cold transfer, he can't help me at all and transfers again.

Rep 4. He advises xpods do not work for home security (but I've been advised twice that I need them by person I ordered from and the install tech). So I've now explained yet again that it's only the xfi app... more troubleshooting of Xfinity home app, account app, rebooting gateway and cameras, uninstalling/reinstalling apps (all of which have already been done) and at 1 hour and about 5 minutes in, I tell him yet again (I've told him several times in this call just xfi app) it's Only the xfi app thats not showing my cameras connected to the network and omg, he says "it doesn't show up there" yes I flipped my lid!

Now I'm ready for a supervisor to lodge my complaint. So rep 4 submits my sup request and no supervisor available so "per policy" I have to be placed in a queue to be called back within 2 hours. It's 8pm pst. 2 hours. After being placed in that queue and disconnecting, I checked and i was on that call for 1hr 20min and 1 sec and can't even speak with a sup. I've been a customer for years, transferring from 1 residence to the next but keeping Xfinity and this is what i get! It is now 919pm pst and i have not received that sup call. Living up to that 2hr window.

So tech has to come out to do some rewiring to make my cameras have better connectivity, which 1st tech should have done! Xfi app does not show connectivity of cameras to network, only every other device. Supervisors are not readily available. Everyone is not being trained the same and may not be knowledgeable to what product you need or don't need leading you to make a purchase that you can't even return to the Xfinity store because it was ordered online and it might take 2 weeks to be reimbursed once you return the product! Not a happy customer!
Official Employee

Re: xpods/home security/xfi app

Greetings LilmikaT! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly apologize to hear of the issues you were having with the xFi app and that you never received a follow-up call. Since you stated you have a tech coming out I can certainly follow up to see how things went and to make sure everything is working as it should. Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: xpods/home security/xfi app

Hello, LilMikaT. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!