Community Forum

Rules are USELESS!!

New Poster

Rules are USELESS!!

I find it ironic that Comcast/Xfinity suggests that users set a rule to start recording with the home camera when there is an alarm detected and make it IMPOSSIBLE to set such a rule.  When you select "Security" you are offered the options of ARM, DISARM, and SEND A MESSAGE.  Why dandle this carrot of there when you KNOW your software is deficient?????

New Poster

Re: Rules are USELESS!!

Our apologies for your frustration. The rule that you are trying to create can be done by selecting cameras from the initial rule creation screen. If your package includes video recording, It will then give the option to record video or take 5 photos when an alarm is tripped.

New Poster

Comcastsean, 

You cannot select the camera when trying to set up rules. I have a camera, I can go and view the feed, but it does not present itself as an option when creating a new rule. Where there used to be the trigger/event type rule setting, there no longer seems to be. The new web portal severly restricts and limits the rules you can create.

We are new Xfinity Home users, and it seems as soon as we purchased this service, and got all set up, many of the features and benefits were discontinued / rendered impossible to do. What is being done to return the functionality that was one of the largest draws?

Thank you.

ComcastSean wrote:

Our apologies for your frustration. The rule that you are trying to create can be done by selecting cameras from the initial rule creation screen. If your package includes video recording, It will then give the option to record video or take 5 photos when an alarm is tripped.

Official Employee

Hi 450north - 

I believe the reason you are not seeing "Camera" as an option when creating a rule is account related.  I will private message you.

Thanks!

Rachel