Community Forum

Archiving recordings

New Poster

Archiving recordings

We had Home Security installed in order to help monitor the safety and well being of my elderly mother-in-law so she can remain living independently in her home, as she wishes. 
The cameras placed in the common living areas of her home record her activities allowing us to ensure she is safe and healthy and not in distress or needing help.
We need to archive many of the recordings as the limit of 150 clips is reached on a daily basis.
Our problem is that when we download the files, they are named in a long numerical string which does nothing to indicate the date or time of the recording. We have been thus far been unable to figure out how to rename the files to indicate the date and time, and the videos themselves are not time stamped.
The only place they are timestamped and dated is on the portal, which does us little good since they need to be cleared daily in order to accommodate new recordings. We'd like to be able to archive them daily into a dated folder, organized by time.
Any advice?
Thanks
J New

New Poster

Re: Archiving recordings

45 views and a week has passed. No one knows any information on this? I was hoping comcast had some staff monitoring this forum and providing support.

New Poster

Re: Archiving recordings

Perhaps someone can at least direct me to someone or somewhere I may be able to get some trickle of info?