Community Forum

ANSWERED: Xfinity On Demand no longer available on TiVo devices

Question

I just received a letter from Comcast that states in June 2019 the OnDemand app will no longer be available to TiVo users. Is this accurate?

Answer

Yes, we have started to notify impacted customers.

On June 25, Comcast and TiVo will remove the ability for customers to access Xfinity On Demand on TiVo devices.

The platform that connects TiVo and Xfinity devices uses out-of-date technology that can’t be upgraded or updated, making it susceptible to security breaches and therefore both companies decided to sunset the feature.

**Note**: No other aspect of your TiVo experience will be affected by this change (e.g., you will still be able to access live programming and DVR content).

Why can I no longer access Xfinity On Demand on my TiVo device after June 25th?
We made the decision to remove the Xfinity On Demand app from TiVo devices because the platform utilizes outdated technology that can no longer be updated and is therefore susceptible to security breaches. The decision to remove the feature was made in close consultation with TiVo.

Does this include access to SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) packages I access through Xfinity On Demand such as: DOGTV and History Vault On Demand?
Yes. In order to continue watching this content, you will need an Xfinity TV box or a device that can access the Xfinity Stream App (Roku, certain smart TVs, smartphone, tablet or computer).

Will any other parts of my TiVo experience be affected by this change?
No, no other part of your TiVo experience with Xfinity will be affected. You can still watch and record live TV, and your recordings won’t be deleted.

Are there other ways I can watch On Demand content?
Yes. If you have an Xfinity TV Box, you can still access your On Demand content, including any SVOD subscriptions. You can also access all of your On Demand content via the Xfinity Stream app and portal, which is available on Apple and Android devices, computers/laptops, Roku devices, Samsung Smart TVs and later this year on LG Smart TVs. See Xfinity Stream App on Xfinity TV Partner Devices for details on compatible devices.

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎06-19-2019 03:26 PM
Updated by: