Community Forum

xg1v4 much better

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

xg1v4 much better

As of 1/12/18 the pix quality on the xg1v4 is much better.No new updates but i think work done at my local hub has made the difference, pix much sharper & detailed & using as my primary box now rather than my xi5.Im using a 2017 lg oled set for maximum sharpness & detail.A sony oled would show a better pix yet since their video processing is the best on the market.Lg has a new processor for 2018(A9) we will see.The 4k setting on the v4 box gives a nice clean image with much improved detail.

Expert

Re: xg1v4 much better

minitech wrote:

As of 1/12/18 the pix quality on the xg1v4 is much better.No new updates but i think work done at my local hub has made the difference, pix much sharper & detailed & using as my primary box now rather than my xi5.Im using a 2017 lg oled set for maximum sharpness & detail.A sony oled would show a better pix yet since their video processing is the best on the market.Lg has a new processor for 2018(A9) we will see.The 4k setting on the v4 box gives a nice clean image with much improved detail.

there have been some posts saying that the shipped cable with the xg1v4 may not deliver best signal for 4k. You might try a different HD cable to see if it improves even more.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Had already updated cables way before with high end cables because this is about the 5th 4k tv iv had.

Frequent Visitor

I used HDMI 2.0 4K cable 

Also there are settings you can change to keep the box from turning off after a period of time 

on the remote xfinity  => scroll over to the gear icon on the tv