Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xfinity tv

New Poster

xfinity tv

My Bose wireless headphones no longer work on xfinity tv. They do work on other programs such as youtube. They ARE paired with my laptop.

Regular Contributor

Re: xfinity tv

Hello lodgingtech,

I am not sure if you were able to find the information posted about potential fixes for this issue. I will post them again here for your knowledge. I hope this information helps...

Problem: No Audio when connected to Bluetooth Speaker / Headphones

Solution:

1. Pair your device
  2. Clear browser cookies & cache
  3. Quit the browser
  4. Re-launch and login to the App

How to clear browser history:

Firefox:

• Click ‘History’ from browser menu
  • Click ‘Clear Recent History’
  • Set ‘Time range to clear’ as `Everything`
  • Check Cookies & Cache
  • Click ‘Clear Now’ button
  • Load the app and login

Safari:

• Click ‘History’ from browser menu
  • Click ‘Clear History’
  • Select ‘All History’
  • Click ‘Clear History’ button

Internet Explorer:

• Go to Settings
  • Click ‘Internet Options’
  • On the ‘General’ tab, click ‘Delete’ button
  • Check - Temporary Internet Files and website Files, Cookies & Website data, Form data
  • Click “Delete” button
  • Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button

MS Edge:

• Click on the three dots (on the top right)
  • Click on Settings
  • Scroll and click ‘Choose What to clear’ button under ‘Clear browsing data’ section
  • Check - Cookies and saved website data & Cached data and files.
  • Click on Clear button

As stated in my post Here, you can also try the following steps...

1. Updating and possibly downgrading headphone firmware. (I personally have had experience with syncing Bluetooth devices only to have an update cause issues. Sometimes upgrading or downgrading the firmware allows overlooked protocol's to be used with updated software. You can visit the Bose Device Updater Here)

2. Updating and possibly downgrading Adobe Flash Version. (As stated before as this is a know issue with this version of Flash. You options to wait for the next Flash update or to roll back to a previous version to see if this fixes the issue. In my experience having a lower version of Flash Player can fix connection issues but you have to make sure to uninstall the current Flash version first and you may need to reboot your system. The Minimum Flash Player requirement Xfinity TV is version 15 or higher. You can find different versions of Flash Player Here.)

3. Use other browsers to connect. (As stated above the use of other browsers like Chrome or Firefox, but many find the need to use Microsoft Programs for multiple program needs. I personally have found that bypassing MS Edge and using the IE 11 built into the system can resolve this limitation. You can learn more on using IE 11 as the default browser instead of MS Edge Here.)

If this issue persists beyond these fixes please send a private message so I can better assist you. Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon