Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
I'm having issues with the xfinity TV Remote DVR feature on my iPad Air. It won't allow me to record or delete and recordings. So I uninstalled it and downloaded it again from the App Store. Now the DVR feature has disappeared.
Try going to this page
Make sure all you boxes have TV control set to on.
That should make the box show up again.
I have just about had it with Comcast and there inept service techincians. I am a new suscriber. I gave up 9 years of Dishnetwork to try Comcast and their internet and TV service. It has been a complete shambles since day one.
I received the self installation box two weeks ago and I have had issues from day one! The issue I have right now that has me moments from going back to Dish is this cruddy MYDVR Manager not recognizing my "compatible" DVR. I have been on the phone with tech support and have been "literally bounced back and forth between the Cabkle TV side and the internet side for days, both telling me it's the other guy's issue.
Once the ticket was created, I was told I would be contacted by tech support to resolve this issue. I received a prerecored message telling me to unpplug my DVR for 5 mnutes and plug it back in and that will correct the problem. It's been 72 hours since I did that and I still cannot access my DVR functions from the internet.
I was told it is an account issue, why is this so hard to fix?
1. This issue has been reported on this forum since 2011.
2. I verified with Comcast that my Scientific Atlantic HD DVR is compatible and that the MYDVR function is active for my zip code.
3. I have repelaced the DVR once already and that doesn't fix it.
4. Why is it so hard for "educated" engineers to fix a problen that they "know" has been in the system for YEARS!
5. I can't even get accounting to credit me back the loss of service I have had to endure since getting this service installed.
6. Why do the internet team and the Cable tv team pass off this issue to each other. I was actually disconnected today when they switched me to the TV department!!!!
I'm sick and tired of talking to customer service people who do not have a clue as to how to fix this! I'm tired of being told to just unplug it for 5 minutes and it will fix itself...
What exactly has been the fix in the past from a techical standpoint? and why is my account set up incorrectly for this serive to work?
Frustrated and ready to cancel!