Community Forum

xFinity Streampix iOS 8 App

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

xFinity Streampix iOS 8 App

App crashes repeatedly on launch. Uninstalled, reinstalled. iOS update needed?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: xFinity Streampix iOS 8 App

iPhone and iPad mini xfinity streampix app crash on start up, uninstalled and reinstalled but still crashes
Expert

It appears no comcast crew monitors the Mobile Apps thread.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Official Employee

Rustyben wrote:

The Streampix app is no longer supported and will be decommissoned later this year, you can access all streampix content from the TV GO app.    We will not be making any more updates to this app to support iOS 8.  

New Poster

Rusty, how about TV Remote App - same effect as Stream pix.  Crashes with new IOS 9.1.  It lets you scan, but select a channel and the app closes.

Expert

ComcastChad wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

The Streampix app is no longer supported and will be decommissoned later this year, you can access all streampix content from the TV GO app.    We will not be making any more updates to this app to support iOS 8.  

chad they seem to be moving all the tvgo functions to the TV app in same way. Looks like it will soon be gone too.

Expert

JEM_NJ wrote:

Rusty, how about TV Remote App - same effect as Stream pix.  Crashes with new IOS 9.1.  It lets you scan, but select a channel and the app closes.

I basically only use the xFinity TV remote app now for the guide as to me it is much superior and finger-flickable as well as 'direct select' date channel etc and the best thing is that favorites when set can be 'on' and kept unlike the X1 DVR that leaves favorites 'guide' after 90 minutes of non-use.

I have had an issue with 9.xx versions and app xFinity TV Remote app crashing when recording in listings menu. I've done many in a row one after the other before 9.xx and never had a crash. Hope they are not going to delete it as the guide in app xFinity TV is not easily useable at all and very 'unclear' compared to the xFinity TV remote app's guide.

Official Employee

Rustyben wrote:

ComcastChad wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

chad they seem to be moving all the tvgo functions to the TV app in same way. Looks like it will soon be gone too.

You are correct, we are conslidating our TV apps into one app.   The TV remote app will still exist. 

Expert

ComcastChad wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

ComcastChad wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

You are correct, we are conslidating our TV apps into one app.   The TV remote app will still exist. 

I hope they keep the x1 Remote app. It does need 15 sec forward and reverse button though.