Community Forum

x1 used to go to cc with down button by default, now go to pause, how to change back

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: x1 used to go to cc with down button by default, now go to pause, how to change back

There is NO GOOD REASON for this change. There's already a Pause button on the remote. Why do we need another way to get to Pause??? Hey Xfinity employee, a suggestion that there's another way to do something isn't helpful without letting us know why this was changed in the first place. How about there being an option to set what we want the Down button to do, so that I don't have some developer deciding what they think is best for me.

By the way, the alternate solution is not just B then Enter. Sure, it does turn on or off the captions but you've been disingenious hoping that we wouldn't notice. It's not just two button presses....because the complete solution is B, then Enter then Exit...which you have to do now unless you want to stare at another stupid full screen menu (not like before when the on-screen presentation was off the screen at the bottom). This "new and improved" option is less useful, more key presses and it it blocks the screen while you're turning on or off the captions...oh, and another reason to hope that Verizon soon finishes stringing up their FIOS lines through our neighborhood.

Another case where the customer is NO LONGER RIGHT. D^#n cable monopolies get away with screwing their customers. But now there's HULU, Apple TV, Amazon Prime, HD antenna, Kodi, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sling TV, YouTube....the list of alternatives is growing. It woudn't be growing if the cable companies were treating their customers like they cared about what they wanted instead of what the cable company wants to do. 

Bring back the old closed caption option or give us a setting where we get to choose what we want the Down button to be used for.

Regular Contributor

Re: x1 used to go to cc with down button by default, now go to pause, how to change back

ttuurrnneerr wrote:

x1 used to go to cc by defalt by using the silver down button.  Now the default goes to the pause and i have to toggle over to cc.  How do i change the defalt back to cc.  Thanks Tom

Another method, assuming you have a voice remote, is to say the word "Captions" which will toggle CC from pretty much anywhere

New Poster

I preferred being able to use the down button. Why did they change it?
Official Employee

ttuurrnneerr wrote:

x1 used to go to cc by defalt by using the silver down button.  Now the default goes to the pause and i have to toggle over to cc.  How do i change the defalt back to cc.  Thanks Tom

Sorry, no there isn't. But you can press B and Ok, and it will turn the CC on.

New Poster

x1 used to go to cc with down button by default, now go to pause, how to change back