Community Forum

x1 playback of recordings

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

x1 playback of recordings

When playing recorded programs wide vertical green somewhat distorted green bars randomly appear.
Official Employee

Re: x1 playback of recordings

If it continues, swap out the dvr. The hard drive may be failing
Regular Visitor

green vertical bars on dvr recordings

I have for some time suffering with vertical green bars on dvr recordings. This only occurs during payback. I have swapped dvr device but that has not solved the issue.  Also, the strange thing is that the green bars are displayed when certain cameras angles are diaplayed. For example if the video is displaying a direct shot and another from the side angle, the green bars only are displayed on the front cameral angle. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: green vertical bars on dvr recordings

I think you need to have Comcast send a tech out to investigate.

If the problem only occurs on recording playback and you have exchanged your X1 DVR, that strongly suggests the problem is with the location where the box is installed, not the box itself.

What kind of TV do you have? How is it connected to the X1 box? Are you using any adapters or converters?

More information would be helpful.

Anon973136 wrote:

I have for some time suffering with vertical green bars on dvr recordings. This only occurs during payback. I have swapped dvr device but that has not solved the issue.  Also, the strange thing is that the green bars are displayed when certain cameras angles are diaplayed. For example if the video is displaying a direct shot and another from the side angle, the green bars only are displayed on the front cameral angle. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks for response. Tried to discuss issue with support but gave up with interminable wait and on line direct call.
Gold Problem Solver

Dealing with Comcast over the phone or chat is a waste of time.

Most X1 problems are related to poor connections or bad on-site hardware.

The sooner you have Comcast send a tech out, the sooner your issues will be resolved.

Anon973136 wrote:
Thanks for response. Tried to discuss issue with support but gave up with interminable wait and on line direct call.

Regular Visitor

Thanks, much appreciated.
Bruce
Official Employee

Hi Anon973136,  I can assist getting a technician scheduled for you to find and correct the underlying issue.  Please send me a private message with your account information (Name on account, address on account and account number) and I can assist further getting a technician visit scheduled.

Thank you