Community Forum

wireless cable box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

wireless cable box

is xi5 box available in my area?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: wireless cable box

mhensch wrote:

is xi5 box available in my area?

Did you call 1800comcast and ask them?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello mhensch, I don't show that the Xi5 wireless cable boxes are available in your area at this time. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello. I live in 06070. Is the wireless box available here?

Expert

markfreeman8281 wrote:

Hello. I live in 06070. Is the wireless box available here?

@ComcastAmir will probably look in on this for you very soon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

markfreeman8281 wrote: Hello. I live in 06070. Is the wireless box available here?

Hello markfreeman8281, I don't see that a store in your area that has this equipment. However I do show a service center about 23 mile from your location that has 5 available, if you're willing to take the drive down you can locate this service center at 1110 E Mountain Rd Westfield, MA 01085.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

that's great, thank you for a quick respone. i will go to that service center and ask them to provide me one or two for my home. i have my own router & modem, does that matter? will i need to use comcast's gateway?

Official Employee

markfreeman8281 wrote:

that's great, thank you for a quick respone. i will go to that service center and ask them to provide me one or two for my home. i have my own router & modem, does that matter? will i need to use comcast's gateway?

You need a Comcast gateway, either an XB3 or XB6 

New Poster

We are building a house in Morris, Il. and we want to go wirless on the cable tv, is that possible?

Official Employee

Not completely wireless. If you’re building a house, now is the time to add the wiring you “might” need, coax, cat6 etc