Community Forum

why does tv ask "are you still viewing" program

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

why does tv ask "are you still viewing" program

After watching TV for several hours, I'm asked if I am still watching.  If I don't respond immediately, my TV goes off.  If am out of the room when this happens, the tv shuts down.   How do I stop this from occurring?

Official Employee

Re: why does tv ask "are you still viewing" program

dmzuzga wrote:

After watching TV for several hours, I'm asked if I am still watching.  If I don't respond immediately, my TV goes off.  If am out of the room when this happens, the tv shuts down.   How do I stop this from occurring?

Check your tv Settings, Netflix also asks this after some time of continuous play.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Generally this is to avoid screen burn in and keep your energy costs lower. 

Is this showing on the TV itself or is it coming from the box?

Expert

dmzuzga wrote:

I would go to your television menus and turn off the energy setting. Check your television manual to find where the setting is located. All brands work differently.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

You may have gotten an X1 update early. After about 4 hours that will show up, any button press along the way will keep it from showing

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership.