Community Forum

why can you restart some shows and not others

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

why can you restart some shows and not others

Why can you use the restart on some shows but others it won't work?

Official Employee

Re: why can you restart some shows and not others

taallen2 wrote:

Why can you use the restart on some shows but others it won't work?

The restart is basically a shortcut to On Demand, if a show/movie doesn't have the ability it's not available in On Demand

New Poster

I would still like to know why some shows allow us to do it and why some shows do not especially if it's on CBS or HBO and we pay for HBO and I'm sure in some sort of way we pay for CBS HD. Even if we hit restart, like u said... its just on-demand which would make us watch the commercials anyways and without fast-forward abilities so why would the network want less people watching the show from the beginning? My point is, what's the financial gain for the network or is it Comcast conserving data for their financial gain?
Gold Problem Solver

D-Dogger wrote:
I would still like to know why some shows allow us to do it and why some shows do not especially if it's on CBS or HBO and we pay for HBO and I'm sure in some sort of way we pay for CBS HD. Even if we hit restart, like u said... its just on-demand which would make us watch the commercials anyways and without fast-forward abilities so why would the network want less people watching the show from the beginning? My point is, what's the financial gain for the network or is it Comcast conserving data for their financial gain?

As Andrew stated, if the content provider allow the asset to be On Demand, you can restart.  If Conctent Provider does not aauthorize the Asset to be On Demand, there will be no restart option available.  It is not up to Comcast nor does it have anything to do with financial gain.

New Poster

I just tried to restartman OnDemand starz movie but there wasn't an option for it...

Expert

some providers (like networks) are supplying on-demand in advance of the airing of the show with availability set to begin after the show has started. have not yet seen titles and don't know if this is just in testing.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

If you don’t see the circle with triangle symbol in the guide, it’s not available to restart