Community Forum

why can't i watch shows on line that are new

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

why can't i watch shows on line that are new

Everytime I go to my favorite shows i cant watch them on line its always only on demand only a couple shows will be online an the reast on demand. thats bs i dont have a dvr an my father in law hogs the tv that has a box for ondemand its not fair that i cant watch them on line.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: why can't i watch shows on line that are new

peanut2872 wrote:

Everytime I go to my favorite shows i cant watch them on line its always only on demand only a couple shows will be online an the reast on demand. thats bs i dont have a dvr an my father in law hogs the tv that has a box for ondemand its not fair that i cant watch them on line.

Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of TV Shows and movies. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements, we may not have every movie/show/episode available for viewing.

Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet On Demand and vice versa.

Any specific programs you would like to see added online? I can pass it along to our team

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I have a similar problem; only mine is with episode 2 called "sick" of the walking dead. I am unable to watch after the air date was more than a day ago.

So my question is does AMC have one of the agrements with comcast saying they can not play them online?

If not what can comcast do to resolve this problem?

Official Employee

dlee320 wrote:

I have a similar problem; only mine is with episode 2 called "sick" of the walking dead. I am unable to watch after the air date was more than a day ago.

So my question is does AMC have one of the agrements with comcast saying they can not play them online?

If not what can comcast do to resolve this problem?

Whatever content that networks allow to use, we make it available. Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of TV Shows and movies. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements with networks, we may not have every movie/show/episode available for viewing.

Why doesn't a network or production company just post their shows online or hold back episodes? It can have to do with many factors. DVD sales and syndication deals are just a few of the reasons. Your best bet is to invest in a DVR. You can record any show you like and have full control over the video.

Episode 2 of Sick is available online here and episodes are posted on Mondays mornings:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Walking-Dead/7190072851208537112/full-episodes#episode=556925...

Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I have the same problem, I can't watch the episodes following episode 1 of Shameless season 3.

Official Employee

Srcquila wrote:

I have the same problem, I can't watch the episodes following episode 1 of Shameless season 3.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

What is happening when trying to watch these episodes? Are you getting an error message? Blank/Black screen? Please be as specific as possible.

Thanks,
Joe