Community Forum

why caint i get my home TV to go to full screen

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

why caint i get my home TV to go to full screen

i have not been able to get my 65in tv to get the normal full screen & it is annoying .This is my normal home tv not some app or away from home i just want to watch a normal view on my tv can anyone help me.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: why caint i get my home TV to go to full screen

What cablebox? What channels? How is it connected to the TV? Have you done the box and TV settings?

Expert

Your post is not much help with no information on what you are actually watching.

While watching a standard cable network channel in HD, use your television remote and go to settings for picture size. Make sure to to pick 16:9 (wide screen), and either "Normal" or "Auto" setting. This would depend on what you prefer for how the video looks for other than wide screen video on commercials, etc.

If your television is new read your manual to learn how to use your television.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Comcast has a zoom setting that only affects SD channels that works well.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

stormey wrote:

i have not been able to get my 65in tv to get the normal full screen & it is annoying .This is my normal home tv not some app or away from home i just want to watch a normal view on my tv can anyone help me.

Try the Full setting.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-video-display

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!