Community Forum

want to record on x1 at home a channel/date/time that is outside the guide window.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

want to record on x1 at home a channel/date/time that is outside the guide window.

We just got x1. It seems a downgrade. 

But maybe you xperts can help!

1. I want to record a channel from home for - a specific channel - a specific time - a specific date

WHEN THE DATE IS OUTSIDE THE REALLY SHORT GUIDE WINDOW.

Example: Channel 470 on September 1, 2018 at 9-10 am. I want to set that TODAY June 13.

2. Note I cannot use the remote app to do that so that is not an option.

3. Note - I will not be home 3-4 days before September 1 so I need to do it ahead of time.

CAN THIS BE DONE? IS THERE A HACK?

Expert

Re: want to record on x1 at home a channel/date/time that is outside the guide window.

@lcm88 wrote:

We just got x1. It seems a downgrade. 

But maybe you xperts can help!

1. I want to record a channel from home for - a specific channel - a specific time - a specific date

WHEN THE DATE IS OUTSIDE THE REALLY SHORT GUIDE WINDOW.

Example: Channel 470 on September 1, 2018 at 9-10 am. I want to set that TODAY June 13.

2. Note I cannot use the remote app to do that so that is not an option.

3. Note - I will not be home 3-4 days before September 1 so I need to do it ahead of time.

CAN THIS BE DONE? IS THERE A HACK?

at this time not possible past 2 weeks from present time.I set a reminder in my iPhone for those events for 2 weeks before with a daily repeat so I don't forget

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: want to record on x1 at home a channel/date/time that is outside the guide window.

Thank you but since I cannot set a recording remotely it is worthless for me to do that as I am not at home to set.

Comcast had the wrong developers . I wish apple would buy them then they would think of what the end user wants. Ridiculous. We are going to have to go back to the old box which allowed a manual set past the guide.