Community Forum

vizio sb3651

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: vizio sb3651

With “HDMI IN” selected, my Xfinity XR11 using code 31937 turned on my Vizio SB3661-E6 properly. HDMI input was from the Xfinity/Comcast wireless cable box. Vizio output was HDMI to my Samsung TV.  I had no Vizio apps on my iPhone.

However, after a few seconds, the lights on the Vizio became very bright, two lights on top then a space below then two lights on the bottom, then silence.

I went back to the Vizio remote and selected “HDMI IN” again, and the Vizio worked. When the XR11 turned the system off, the Vizio light went off, but it turned itself on in the middle of the night.

I removed the HDMI connections and used the optical cable from my TV and both problems were solved.
Expert

Re: vizio sb3651

How is the soundbar hooked up? Do you have:

X1 ==<HDMI>==Soundbar==<HDMI>==TV ?

If so, there's probably a setting on the TV that involves CEC/HDMI link that conflicts with the XR11. You could try disabling that, or, since you don't have HDMI-ARC on the TV, I suggest using the soundbar's Optical input and connect it to your TV's Optical out port with your soundbar's included optical cable. 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.
New Poster

vizio sb3651

I have a TV with an HDMI input. No HDMI Arc. The Vizio remote is set to select HDMI input. The best XR11 code for the Vizio SB3651-E6 soundest is 31937. The sound is on for a few seconds, gets louder briefly, then goes silent. I must use the Vizio remote to select HDMI input again. How do I turn on the Vizio sound bar and keep it on with my XR11?