Community Forum

tv show ads/commercials keep looping or repeating?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

tv show ads/commercials keep looping or repeating?

I couldn't find any answers to this in the forum. Only questions and issues.

I watch TV Shows on my laptop (Toshiba) using IE and the commercials seem to constantly play over and over.  Some will play the same commercial 3 times in a row or more. Or a set of ads a few times in a row. Is there anything I can do to stop this madness? Settings? Browser?

I don't mind a few commercials but these are repeating for a LONG time.

Please help!!!

Jane Carls
Frequent Visitor

Re: tv show ads/commercials keep looping or repeating?

This happens to me too. Going to try different browser, was using Safari. Same ads repeat without end, five six seven times in a row. It's crazy. Can't Comcast deliver video to customers? It's their business. They're a huge company. We're experiencing cut outs, drops and other video and audio display issues every day here on our street. Seems like it's gotten worse the last couple months.

Comcast help forum seems to post responses that say it can be "temperature" dependent and variable and that even if you trade your box in, you cannot get rid of this. Seems like Comcast has infrastructure problems that are coming home to roost and they are going to lose customers to whoever offers anything slightly better in the form of an internet connection that can be used to stream the shows one wants directly. Instead of paying for a cable package that promises on-demand video on a variety of platforms that it cannot deliver on television, let alone the complexity of the web. 

When Comcast comes up with a user interface that lets viewers see the channels and programs that are coming up easily and without the clunkiest interface on a remote I have ever seen--it's like internet  ca. 1986--then I will say it's a good deal and we're not getting hosed. But this, the cut outs and crappy service and blaming it on the box, then the wires, then the weather, then temperature, this is not acceptable. 

Comcast? Com-can't. 

New Poster

Watching Fox News on TV right now and having to deal with Comcasts commercials looping up to 4 times. Im already a Comcast customer, yet I still have to deal with this on a regular basis. My new solution and Im doing it now, shut the TV off.
New Poster

This happens to me on the Android app. Looks like if a spot is less than 10 seconds, it repeats to fill either a 30 or 60 second space. Also, program breaks occur a couple of seconds early. You don't see the end of a scene until you can be back from break.
This was not the case in the previous version of the app, and Comcast's shows no interest in fixing the problem.
Official Employee

Hi momdad1960, we have made some changes to our website wince your last message. This should have cleared up your issue with commercials looping. Are you still having issues with the ads while watching content through our website?