Community Forum

tv series ondemand buffering doesn't stop... ever

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

tv series ondemand buffering doesn't stop... ever

Shows are buffering and not playing after the four second intro: some links to name  few... what's up???

The board wouldn't let me post the correct links as examples because the links have the word h*l in them. They are Gordon Ramsey's Hotel H*ll

In addition to Hotel H*ll, this link doesn't stop buffering either:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Simpsons/3745/2189413801/The-D-Oh-cial-Network/videos

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: tv series ondemand buffering doesn't stop... ever

Both are working for me, funny but when I searched for Hotel He@# on the TV site, it blanked out the last two letters too...LOL.

Both play using Flash Player, is yours up to date? Try clearing the browser cache, history cookies ect; Or try a different browser. (I was using Firefox).

New Poster

I have had the same problem for the last two days.

Frequent Visitor

I watched Torchwood no problem but many others are just buffering. I've noticed other people on the forums having the same problems, so it's not just me.

If it was a cookie, cache or history problem why would the four second intro play and why would Torchwood work?

Silver Problem Solver

Have a look at the troubleshooting here:

Troubleshooting

If you don't find a resolution there, go to this site http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer copy and paste all the info in this thread and I'm sure Comcast Joe will be along in the morning to take a look....

Remember, to blank out the IP address and any other personal info in there...

Frequent Visitor

I'm not getting any of those error message mentioned at the troubleshooting site. In fact I'm not getting error messages, just buffering forever.

Official Employee

sharonandsean wrote:

I'm not getting any of those error message mentioned at the troubleshooting site. In fact I'm not getting error messages, just buffering forever.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Well, I was about ready to post that I was having the same issue. But, I have found the issue. When I had adblock running, it plays that little splash screen and then gets stuck on buffering. But, if I disable adblock, it plays the splash screen, goes through a commercial, and then starts the show. So, I believe the issue is adblock, so if any of you are running it, I would recommend trying it with adblock disabled.

New Poster

Worked great, then suddenly I had the behavior described by sharonandsean.. 

To resolve it I added http://xfinitytv.comcast.net to trusted sites. 

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites > Add this website to the zone: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net > Add > Close.  Restart browser. 

I also have comcast.net in my compatibilty view settings but don't know if it's really needed.  If adding it to the trusted sites doesn't work try adding to compability view also. 

Tools > Compatibilty View Settings > Add this website: comcast.net > Add > Close.  The browser will blip when you hit close and refresh itself.