Community Forum

tv on internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

tv on internet

why can't I watch root sports on my computer?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: tv on internet

Hello,

How are we suppose to know on what you have described. Give us some detail info like what errors are you getting what shows are you trying to watch. What do you mean by root sports?

Contributor

Root Sports is the name of a local sports channel. Not all channels are available online unfortunately.

Gold Problem Solver

reasd wrote:

Hello,

How are we suppose to know on what you have described. Give us some detail info like what errors are you getting what shows are you trying to watch. What do you mean by root sports?

1) Your attitude needs a major adjustment. Instead of sounding rude by saying "How are we suppose to know" try politeness, especially with a NEW poster who may not know much about forum usage and what information would be helpful. Something along the lines of "Please provide more details so we can help you" and then mention WHAT details should be included.

2) Google search told me in less than 10 seconds what Root Sports is. Google is a wonderful thing to use before you reply.

Official Employee

pensgirl56 wrote:

why can't I watch root sports on my computer?

Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of live streaming channels. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements, we do not have every channel available for viewing.

I will pass your request along to our content team.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Poster

I would also like to watch Root Sports on my computer. I find it ironic and very disappointing that I'm paying for access to it through my enormous cable bill each month but can't stream it to my computer.  That just seems silly.

Gold Problem Solver

There is a reason you can't watch Root Sports on your computer. I did a bit of research and found out that Root Sports does not make their content available online.

Comcast/other tv providers cannot show something that does not exist.

Root Sports
Launched
April 1, 2011

Network
Fox Sports Networks

Owned by

DirecTV Sports Networks (Direct TV)

Instead of complaining about Comcast and the inability to steam it online, contact Direct TV and express your displeasure.

New Poster

If it's not available online why can I watch it on my iPhone in the Xfinity app? Why allow it on one device and not another? 

Gold Problem Solver

It's a matter of licensing. It's up to Root to decide if it is available online, through the Xfinity app or no where at all except on the tv.