Community Forum

tube tv

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

tube tv

My cable box is 14 years old and no longer recieves the signal to watch on demand shows. I need to replace my current digital cable box that is hooked up to a tube tv. Will the new X1 box work on my tube tv so I can access on demand shows again?

Official Employee

Re: tube tv

Yes, there’s a coax connection for analog TVs. How sure are you it’s the cable box and not the cable itself?
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have 2 boxes on 2 different tvs and both stopped receiving the signal for On Demand. I tried to trouble shoot both boxes (with a xfinity tech) on the phone and we could not get them to work. The tech told me this was due to the age of my cable box and the new boxes would not work on my analog tv and that I needed to upgrade my tv. I just want to confirm I can upgrade the boxes to fix the problem and restore my ability to access On Demand again before I do this and then find out the new box will not work.

Official Employee

@skramer40 wrote:

I have 2 boxes on 2 different tvs and both stopped receiving the signal for On Demand. I tried to trouble shoot both boxes (with a xfinity tech) on the phone and we could not get them to work. The tech told me this was due to the age of my cable box and the new boxes would not work on my analog tv and that I needed to upgrade my tv. I just want to confirm I can upgrade the boxes to fix the problem and restore my ability to access On Demand again before I do this and then find out the new box will not work.

I'm a technician, they'll work fine. I can't say it's the fix for the On Demand issue because deficiencies in house wiring/outside wiring can also cause On Demand to not function properly. Have you ever had a tech out previously to troubleshoot. X1 needs a cleaner cable signal than your boxes, so maybe you should have a tech do the install.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!