Community Forum

toggle between sd and hd channels

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee
Gold Problem Solver

Re: toggle between sd and hd channels

There is a way to toggle IF the channel is available in both SD and HD.  It does require more steps than the legacy box method.

When watching a show, hit the Info button.

Go to  Other Times.

The show you are watching will be listed and will have an entry for SD and HD.

Choose the one you want, hit Info/Watch.

Of course this only works if you have Auto Tune to HD turned off.

Gold Problem Solver

SD? What is SD?

I avoid SD broadcasts as a matter of principle...

petecool74 wrote:

Does anyone know if like the old digital cable, if you are on SD channel (let us say ESPN), can you switch to the HD version from the SD one?

The dig cable version had an HD logo in the info corner which you could select to switch.

I am not sure how to go to the HD version now, and I do not like the setting of auto HD either.

Silver Problem Solver

The only way I know to do that is to enter the channel number for the HD channel.  But I like the auto-HD tune feature.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Does anyone know if like the old digital cable, if you are on SD channel (let us say ESPN), can you switch to the HD version from the SD one?

The dig cable version had an HD logo in the info corner which you could select to switch.

I am not sure how to go to the HD version now, and I do not like the setting of auto HD either.

Gold Problem Solver

robx1 wrote:

Does x1 allow a toggle between sd and hd channels similar to comcasts standard platform when it prompts, "watch in hd"?

X1 can be set to automatically tune to HD if the HD version of the channel is available... otherwise you can turn this setting off and tune to all channels offered...  you can also create a list of your "favorite" channels regardless if they are SD or HD and use that Guide version.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

New Poster

toggle between sd and hd channels

Does x1 allow a toggle between sd and hd channels similar to comcasts standard platform when it prompts, "watch in hd"?