Community Forum

tiro and X1 conflict

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

tiro and X1 conflict

About 18 months ago I went to get a cable card for my Tivo Bolt at the same time I had to exchange my Xfinity DVR Cable Box...it had burned out.  They gave me the X1 box and explained it's benefits.   As I was closing out they took back the X1 and told me they couild not allow me to use that X1 box because I was a Tivo user...I had to use the old DVR.  Anyone know if this "policy" has changed.  They are used on two different Television sets so there isn't a technological reason they could not co-exist.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this "problem"

Gold Problem Solver

Re: tiro and X1 conflict

Comcast supports Tivo.

Talk to someone else.
Official Employee

Re: tiro and X1 conflict

Hi gbanderson, Tivo and X1 can co-exist within your home. You would just need to get a cable card for your Tivo and you can always add any kind of cable box to your account for use. The easiest way to add equipment and to obtain a cable card is to go into a local Comcast service center, we can also ship the equipment to you via direct mail. Please reach back out to me here if you would like the equipment shipped.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!