Community Forum

time to replace PX001ANC ?? and upgrade and/or purchase new Gateway (current is ARRIS TG1682G)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: time to replace PX001ANC ?? and upgrade and/or purchase new Gateway (current is ARRIS TG1682G)

wrote:

I just had my new Xfinity service activated yesterday and the DVR set top box (PX013ANC) was making the kind of fan noise everyone writes about, even when on standby. So, today, I took it back to a Comcast Service Center.

The woman who helped me was not surprised at all. She just scanned it in, went to the cabinet to get me a different one, and scanned it out to me. It is a PX001ANC, so that looks like I went several steps backwards in terms of the set top model #.

Anyway, this one is making the same noise.

What's the deal? Does Comcast just hand out defective equipment, hoping no one will complain?

you'll have to do some detective work to find out the source of the noise (speakers? woofer-wireless? a DVD spinning in a player, etc. note that that DVR is the earliest model and will only have 5 tuners available to record and loan out. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Re: time to replace PX001ANC ?? and upgrade and/or purchase new Gateway (current is ARRIS TG1682G)

I just had my new Xfinity service activated yesterday and the DVR set top box (PX013ANC) was making the kind of fan noise everyone writes about, even when on standby. So, today, I took it back to a Comcast Service Center.

The woman who helped me was not surprised at all. She just scanned it in, went to the cabinet to get me a different one, and scanned it out to me. It is a PX001ANC, so that looks like I went several steps backwards in terms of the set top model #.

Anyway, this one is making the same noise.

What's the deal? Does Comcast just hand out defective equipment, hoping no one will complain?

Silver Problem Solver

cindywade wrote:

OOOh replying to myself....Just read about the xg1v4 and sounds like that's what I want! (unless for some reason my original version xg1 is better lol!) The bluetooth would be awesome as hubby goes to bed early and makes me turn the volume sooo low I can barely hear it. (bedroom is right above the TV). Let me know if I can get it and if it's a wise move.

If you don't have a 4k TV, there is no need for the xg1v4.  The only 4k content Comcast supports is Netflix and YouTube and most 4k TV's have apps for them.

I replaced my px001anc because it had 5 tuners and I needed more.  The newer X1 boxes have 6 tuners.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

It’s up to you on replacement time but you do have the oldest X1 model, a swap will get you from 5 to 6 tuners.
All X1 DVRs have the same HD size.
In the event of a swap only the last 60 hours that you recorded are accessible.
No reason not to except losing older recordings
Your gateway is current and not available for retail sale

Edit: check your local service center for XG1V4 availability or post here
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/XG1v4-4k-STB-availability/td-p/3018762
New Poster

OOOh replying to myself....Just read about the xg1v4 and sounds like that's what I want! (unless for some reason my original version xg1 is better lol!) The bluetooth would be awesome as hubby goes to bed early and makes me turn the volume sooo low I can barely hear it. (bedroom is right above the TV). Let me know if I can get it and if it's a wise move.

New Poster

time to replace PX001ANC ?? and upgrade and/or purchase new Gateway (current is ARRIS TG1682G)

Is it time to replace my DVR? It went through a phase a few weeks ago where it would sometimes freeze or  would restart itself for no reason. I often have to be sure to delete recordings because it fills up quickly. I record mainly in HD and some weeks durig the start of a new tv season there can be a lot. Is the newest DVR a bigger hard drive? Will I be able to access the current dvr content on a new box? Is there any reason I might NOT want to upgrade? I'd hate to see it die of old age and then have to deal with it, and I know hard drives  DO die. While I'm at it, my Gateway is aging also. I've heard the newer version might be even better, though I'm also considering an outright purchase of the gateway. Thanks!