Community Forum

switch from sd to hd on remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

switch from sd to hd on remote

My parents have fios and on their remote is a button they can press to switch from sd to hd version of a channel. Is there something similar on X1 remote? i don't like the auto switch to hd. Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: switch from sd to hd on remote

Sorry, no there isn’t
New Poster

ok thank you for the response

Expert

wrote:

ok thank you for the response

Hi why do you want to change form HD to SD? there is a set top box setting to auto-tune to HD when you select an SD channel.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

In regards to this question, the old box was set so that if you were watching a channel in SD and it was available in HD you could just hit a button and switch. Xfinity needs to bring back that feature for X1, and no, I don't want to set my box to switch to HD automatically, and yes, I know it has the voice command, but what if I don't want to switch to that channel yet but set my dvr to record a program on a specific channel in HD without having to change the channel? And the XR15 remote is bad, the keys are hard to press, every time they improve one thing, they take away something that people liked. One step forward, two steps back. I want to bring up the guide, see a show I would like to record and set my dvr to record it in HD without having to find what HD channel it is first.
Expert

@Crabbyc wrote:
In regards to this question, the old box was set so that if you were watching a channel in SD and it was available in HD you could just hit a button and switch. Xfinity needs to bring back that feature for X1, and no, I don't want to set my box to switch to HD automatically, and yes, I know it has the voice command, but what if I don't want to switch to that channel yet but set my dvr to record a program on a specific channel in HD without having to change the channel? And the XR15 remote is bad, the keys are hard to press, every time they improve one thing, they take away something that people liked. One step forward, two steps back. I want to bring up the guide, see a show I would like to record and set my dvr to record it in HD without having to find what HD channel it is first.

you can set 'best resolution' to on. then recording (except a hot record program in progress) will automatically switch to the HD channel. have you considered browsing using the 1000 numbered channels that are in neighborhoods instead of from channel 2?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.