Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

starz on Apple TV support

Regular Visitor

starz on Apple TV support

I cannot view starz on Apple TV....no Xfinity support....?

Official Employee

Re: starz on Apple TV support

JanFed7 wrote:

I cannot view starz on Apple TV....no Xfinity support....?

At the moment there are no plans to add this back, although this could change in the future. You can still watch Starz programing through the Xfinity App as well as our site. I do apologize for the inconvenience this cause and wish I had better news at this time. If this does change any time in the future, we will make sure to update this. 

New Poster

They won't allow us to view Starz yet they continue to collect the bill every month.
Regular Contributor

That is not true. There is no Xfinity app for Apple TV, but there is a Starz app on Apple TV. This thread is about Apple TV, not ios apps on ios devices. There are times when the Starz apps have programs that the Xfinity apps (and On Demand) do not, so you are also incorrect about what is available. And you cannot mirror the Xfinity app to the Apple TV.

It is inappropriate for you to make us pay for a service that we are not getting. We pay for all access to Starz, and we are only getting access through the TV and sometimes the ios app on a small screen. We are entitled to the Starz app on all devices since it is part of the Starz package. Please give us what we pay for. There is no good reason not to.

Official Employee

Hello sbwinter2, I understand that you would like to watch Starz via your Apple TV and I apologize that this is not an option for you currently. You can stream all of your favorite Starz content by using our Xfinity Stream app or by going online to our website at www.comcast.com .

Regular Contributor

Actually you are wrong. I cannot watch on my devices because Xfinity took away the app that worked. I cannot upgrade my phone until Apple figures out what is wrong with my new laptop (been working on it for over a year). THe Starz app works on my phone though. Too bad I pay for Starz and cannot watch on my phone because Comcast won't allow it. Plus, you cannot airplay the Xfinity app to an AppleTV, but you can with the Starz app. Comcast needs to give us what we pay for which includes use of the apps for the movie services we subscribe to.

Official Employee

sbwinter2 wrote: I cannot watch on my devices because Xfinity took away the app that worked.

Can you please clarify what you mean? I just downloaded the Starz app on an IPhone 7 and an Samsung tablet and we are not listed as a subscriber within the app. Which app is working for you currently? 

Regular Contributor

That is what I am saying. Xfinity will not let us Starz subscribers use the Starz app, and we pay for that service. We used to be able to use the app on out devices and Roku (Apple TV didn't have a Starz app yet). But then Comcast stopped allowing that. With the Starz app on an iphone, you could airplay to an Apple TV. That way you could watch on a TV either with that or the Roku. Now there is no way to do it. The Xfinity app never allowed airplay and doesn't have an app on any TV streaming device. And there are more shows on the Starz app than offered On Demand, specially since Xfininty moved to the horrible new website.

I can't even use the Xfinity app right now on my iphone because they stopped supporting the version that worked on ios8 and Icna't put a newer ios on my phone until Apple figures out what is wrong with my new laptop. They should never have stopped supporting the old app and the old website - both of which are superior to the new versions.

Official Employee

I am glad we are on the same page sbwinter2, thank you for clarifying that with me. Like I said in the post above we don’t have an agreement anymore between Comcast and Starz to be a subscriber on the Starz app. I know this worked before but this changed has been in place since the first of the year. If you're having issues with our Xfinity Stream app on any device I can get it repaired for you.

Regular Contributor

Thanks. Yes, I understand that the agreement is no longer there, and it actually has been more than a year (at least two). But we pay Comcast money so that we can use Starz' app. That means Comcast is keeping that money instead of using it in an agreement with Starz. If they don't want to give us the services we pay for, then the services should be less expensive.

And you cannot repair the app. Comcast got rid of that app and started a new one that only works on ios 9 and higher. MANY people are upset about that. They should have continued to maintain the old app that worked very well, just like they should have kept the old website which worked exponentially better than the current site, including on older OS, like 10.6 on a Mac (I have new and old computers). The new website doesn't even provide the usuable search engine the old one did making it almost impossible to figure out what is availalbe on On Demand. If you want to reapir something, fix the new website so it can do as much as the old site did, along with supporting all of the OS.

Official Employee

sbwinter2, the cost of your subscription has no impact on the agreement we have with Starz network. If you would like to see this changed in the future we do listen to our customer’s feedback please click on this link and share your need with us. In reference to the Xfinity Stream app the app can be repaired if there is something broken or a compatibility issue. When you try and access the app on your device do you get an error message or is the app simply not there to download? 

New Poster

I didn't realize the new season started and I missed the first two episode and the Xfinity app will only let me watch the current episode. I subscribe to STARZ through Comcast. How can I catch up?