Community Forum

smart tv

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

smart tv

I want to use my smart tv and connect to the internet, which works okay, but when Xfinity was set up, my sound bar was connected to the cable box.  Now when I access the internet, the sound still comes from the cable channel and i can't get it switched over to the internet.  I thought i could use the sound on my tv, so i shut off the sound bar and then i get a message that says something about the tv using outside speakers and to make sure they are on.  Do I need to disconnect the sound bar from the Xfinity box and plug it into the TV instead and just use that sound bar remote every time I turn on the TV?  (It was nice having it connected to Xfinity and being able to use one remote.)

Official Employee

Re: smart tv

If your tv has an audio output, run an audio cable to the sound bar. If not, go into your tv menu and turn on your speakers. If this works try to rearrange how the cable is hooked up.
New Poster

Re: smart tv

Okay - I will try that - thank you!