Community Forum

silverlight plug in and 10.8.1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

silverlight plug in and 10.8.1

I've tried to reply to the August thread on this but couldn't so I'm posting a new thread.

I'm running 10.8.1 on Mac and when ever I try and play a movie on xfinity I get an error message that I need the silverlight plug in- I complete the download and the install but the plug in isn't "seen" on the xfinity browser window. I've uninstalled and reinstalled- tried the August plug-in, no joy. (Using Firefox)

Any other ideas?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: silverlight plug in and 10.8.1

Ziska wrote:

I've tried to reply to the August thread on this but couldn't so I'm posting a new thread.

I'm running 10.8.1 on Mac and when ever I try and play a movie on xfinity I get an error message that I need the silverlight plug in- I complete the download and the install but the plug in isn't "seen" on the xfinity browser window. I've uninstalled and reinstalled- tried the August plug-in, no joy. (Using Firefox)

Any other ideas?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Installed Silverlight like 5 times, have now completely uninstalled it thanks to helpful directions of another forum commenter.  This is the information on my screen, after I have uninstalled Silverlight.  I have no idea why it doesn't know my zip code.  I've entered that information multiple times, I'm a Comcast subscriber, have HBO and Showtime.  I'm on a Mac. I just want to watch Homeland.  Really.  It would make me so happy. Instead I spend every night with this Silverlight, which mocks and taunts me.  Oh, and seriously Comcast, "d@mn" is a bad word? You should hear what I've been yellling at you all week.

My Zip Code: Unknown [it's 98115, Comcast, you manage to bill me at it] My Cable Provider: Unknown My [Guess what?  It's YOU, Comcast!] myDVR Manager Status: [don't have one] My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: [No way are you getting that information] False My public IP address: 76.104.196.216 My operating system: Mac - rv:15.0 My web browser: Firefox 15 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Oct 02 2012 22:51:59 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Oct 02 2012 22:51:59 GMT-0700 (PDT) My Account Information

Official Employee

hbarbarawa wrote:

I am having the same problem.  Installed Silverlight like 5 times, have now completely uninstalled it thanks to helpful directions of another forum commenter.  This is the information on my screen, after I have uninstalled Silverlight.  I have no idea why it doesn't know my zip code.  I've entered that information multiple times, I'm a Comcast subscriber, have HBO and Showtime.  I'm on a Mac. I just want to watch Homeland.  Really.  It would make me so happy. Instead I spend every night with this Silverlight, which mocks and taunts me.  Oh, and seriously Comcast, "d@mn" is a bad word? You should hear what I've been yellling at you all week.

My Zip Code: Unknown [it's 98115, Comcast, you manage to bill me at it] My Cable Provider: Unknown My [Guess what?  It's YOU, Comcast!] myDVR Manager Status: [don't have one] My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: [No way are you getting that information] False My public IP address: 76.104.196.216 My operating system: Mac - rv:15.0 My web browser: Firefox 15 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Oct 02 2012 22:51:59 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Oct 02 2012 22:51:59 GMT-0700 (PDT) My Account Information

What message are you getting when trying to play a video?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe