Community Forum

second small box not working

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: second small box not working

@svala wrote:

I have 2 boxes in my house.  The main one is working but our second one is not.  Up until 1 week ago it was working just fine.  There was a recent outage in our area and now my 2nd smaller box is not working.  They have sent signals, I have rebooted and nothing is happening there is an error message RDK - 3036 "We're not able to connect to this set-top box. Check the coax cable connected to the Cable In outlet on the back of the set-top box and cable wall outlet to make sure it's finger tight. If this message persists, please restart your set-top box by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Still having trouble? Give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY. "  Everything is fine with the cables and still nothing. Any suggestions on what to do next?

check the modem on the back has an LED lighted for MoCA. If so unplug modem and see if the small box connects. If so or after trying plug back in the modem.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

second small box not working

I have 2 boxes in my house.  The main one is working but our second one is not.  Up until 1 week ago it was working just fine.  There was a recent outage in our area and now my 2nd smaller box is not working.  They have sent signals, I have rebooted and nothing is happening there is an error message RDK - 3036 "We're not able to connect to this set-top box. Check the coax cable connected to the Cable In outlet on the back of the set-top box and cable wall outlet to make sure it's finger tight. If this message persists, please restart your set-top box by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Still having trouble? Give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY. "  Everything is fine with the cables and still nothing. Any suggestions on what to do next?