Community Forum

rpc keeps appearing on download

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

rpc keeps appearing on download

Not sure what I did. To the left of comcast tab there is a yellow triangle with exclamation point. Everything works ok but when I leave a site it flips to C users name appdata local temp rpc html. which I have to x out. Download box comes up each time also. Text always says something about various videos.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: rpc keeps appearing on download

I saw that for a bit, but it cleared up a few minutes later. Probably a glitch during a site code update.

Regular Visitor

{"video_short_protected":0,"video_short":113,"episode_count":50,"on_dvd":0,"video_long":7,"globalUid":"TvSeries-100562","video_short_free":113,"video_long_free":7,"video_long_protected":0,"in_theaters":0}                            

This is what comes up once in awhile when I leave a site. Download box says rpc- comcast

Official Employee

What browser are you using when you get that error?

Also, can you paste the link that you are on when this error pops up?

Silver Problem Solver

In my case, it was coming from xfinitytv.com. I was using Firefox 6.

Regular Visitor

Been getting this for a day or so.

W7 64bit sp1 using Firefox 3.6.22

Happens everytime i visit the comcast homepage:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/

The following is what Firefox opens from the download:

--------------------------------------------------

{"longFormFreeVideos":0,"primaryNetwork":"HBO","networkSmallLogo":"/api/entity/thumbnail/Network-56/50/30","genres":["War Drama","War","Adaptation","HBOseries","Drama"],"watchItOnDemand":false,"watchItOnDownloads":false,"type":"TvSeries","releaseYear":0,"shortFormVideos":7,"globalUid":"TvSeries-100451","longFormVideos":7,"description":"U.S. First Recon Marines prepare to invade Iraq; soldiers pass time while awaiting orders; a writer from ``Rolling Stone'' magazine becomes embedded with the unit.","name":"Generation Kill","topProjects":[],"providerCodes":["d"],"videoIsProtected":false,"endYear":2008,"episodeListings":{},"shortFormFreeVideos":7,"episodeDetails":{},"isProtected":true,"watchItOnTv":false,"topContributors":[],"episodeSeasonNumber":0,"startYear":2008,"isNetworkPremium":true,"longFormProtectedVideos":7,"watchItOnFancast":false,"episodeAirings":{},"shortFormProtectedVideos":0}

--------------------------------------------------

Regular Visitor

I'm using Firefox 6, Windows 7 64-bit.  I've been getting this rpc for two days now, it pops up when I go to the home page. The document says it originated from xfinitytv.comcast.net. 

Silver Problem Solver

That sounds normal for rcp on IE from the west coast.
it has to do with "preloaders" (usually ads/graphics) which are served from diiferent servers "element D" can't display until
"element C" is complete... If one element/graphic comes from a distant/busy server you may see a visible/noticable delay (one-two seconds, at worst, from my house) it's to assure that the ad graphic appear before you click through to a different page. it also allows some elements to update without reserving/refreshing the whole page.

Contributor

When I'm on my home page--comcast--and try to open my emails I keep getting this rpc.html box.  When I click on this I get:

{"longFormFreeVideos":77,"primaryNetwork":"CBS","networkSmallLogo":"/api/entity/thumbnail/Network-1/50/30","genres":["Comedy","Comedy of Errors","Sitcom [TV]","Domestic Comedy","Family","sitcom","Slapstick"],"watchItOnDemand":false,"watchItOnDownloads":false,"type":"TvSeries","releaseYear":0,"shortFormVideos":94,"globalUid":"TvSeries-97376","longFormVideos":77,"description":"Lucy Ricardo makes life difficult for her Cuban bandleader husband.","name":"I Love Lucy","topProjects":[],"providerCodes":[],"videoIsProtected":false,"endYear":1957,"episodeListings":{},"shortFormFreeVideos":94,"episodeDetails":{},"isProtected":false,"watchItOnTv":false,"topContributors":[],"episodeSeasonNumber":0,"startYear":1951,"isNetworkPremium":false,"longFormProtectedVideos":0,"watchItOnFancast":false,"episodeAirings":{},"shortFormProtectedVideos":0}

This is really annoying.  Having all this stuff on the home page is annoying also. 

Regular Visitor

I dont know about the guy/gal that originally contacted you, but I keep running into this when I use firefox, and the web site i was at was this one:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/?cmpid=FCST_nav

I tried to scroll sidewise at the "you watched this so you might like these"

and got this:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/errorhandler?hspart=gt&hsimp=yhse-gt&q=xfinitytv.comcast.net%2Fapi%2Fen...

this also happens on the xfinity home page when I click on any of the news and intertainment videos.