Community Forum

request change to remote control LAST button

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

request change to remote control LAST button

When I select the LAST button on my remote, it shows several recently watched channels.

Is there a way to reprogram the LAST button so that it immediately changes the channel to the last viewed channel instead of  the list being shown?  In other words, I would prefer that only one touch of the button will go to the last channel.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: request change to remote control LAST button

Unfortunately there is no way to change the way it operates now.

Comcast hasn't said anything about making any changes.
Problem Solver

Hello dirtdude,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. At this time that feature is not available, but you do have the option to clear your watched history by doing the following:

1. Press the Last button on the remote.
  2. Use the left arrow or right arrow button on the remote to highlight a channel or program and press the D button (the green, diamond-shaped button towards the bottom of the remote).
  3. To delete just that channel/program, highlight Just this channel and press OK. To delete all channels/programs, use the right-arrow to highlight Clear all history and press OK.
  4. A confirmation message displays.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response.  I understand this option.

I am asking Comcast to (apparently) change the programming back to the way that the LAST button functioned pre-X1.  Choosing the LAST button should be a one-step process, returning to the last viewed

channel.  X1 appears to offer the customer several "recently watched" channels which, to my mind, is

over-engineering

LAST means LAST, not RECENT..

Silver Problem Solver

Just press LAST then OK and it'll go to your last channel. Not a real big deal, just one more button press. X1 has much bigger issues than this.

Gold Problem Solver

I need to agree with John on this one. Everything with X1 requires one or two extra button presses. So does LAST function.

We have been told that Comcast likes how it operates now so no changes are planned that we are aware of.

I chose to win this battle a different way. I use 3rd party universal remotes which I can program in "one touch favorites".

I wish every member of this forum had the opportunity to experience what a properly programmed universal remote can do.

dirtdude wrote:

Thanks for your response.  I understand this option.

I am asking Comcast to (apparently) change the programming back to the way that the LAST button functioned pre-X1.  Choosing the LAST button should be a one-step process, returning to the last viewed

channel.  X1 appears to offer the customer several "recently watched" channels which, to my mind, is

over-engineering

LAST means LAST, not RECENT..

Regular Contributor

I would prefer a one-press last button also.  Every other remote I've owned with a "previous" or "last" button has been a one press toggle.  You can hold the remote with your finger on the last button for quick changes.  

Give the customer a choice at least Comcast Labs.

Regular Contributor

I believe the only thing that can be done on X1 with a single button press is changing channels with voice command (and maybe some othe voice commands if you get them just right).  Everything else takes multiple button presses.

Contributor

or, reprogram your last button (on your logitech remote) to do a last and then an OK.

Most Valued Poster

I like the last button the way it is. If I want to go to the last program I hit last then OK. But I like having the last few so I can switch between 3 or more channels quickly. There is only one thing that bothers me about the last button, which I think was done on purpose. If you are looking at certain late night programs on Cinemax or Showtime these programs don't show up in the last button.

Frequent Visitor

Please please please fix the last button. My wife complains about it endlessly. How about a long press to bring up the long list and a short press to just go back to the last channel.

My wife is ready to return X1 because of this. She's always watching two channels, flipping between them when commercials come on.

Official Employee

Hi Ozroth, the remote is functioning properly so this is not something that can be fixed. However we do listen to customer feedback, please click on this link and provide your feedback.