Community Forum

remote stops working for a few seconds then works for about 12 more functions

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

remote stops working for a few seconds then works for about 12 more functions

remote stops working for a few seconds then works for about 12 more functions then does it all over again. Put new battery's in, unplugged box. So this is how it goes, I hit guide go to 10 different screens, remote stops, no lights nothing. Then after about 15 seconds cable light blinks 5 times and I am good to go. Until next time. Not just with guide button, channel, volume any of them will make remote stop for 15 seconds.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: remote stops working for a few seconds then works for about 12 more functions

Sounds like you may need a new remote.
Official Employee

Re: remote stops working for a few seconds then works for about 12 more functions

splibb wrote:
remote stops working for a few seconds then works for about 12 more functions then does it all over again. Put new battery's in, unplugged box. So this is how it goes, I hit guide go to 10 different screens, remote stops, no lights nothing. Then after about 15 seconds cable light blinks 5 times and I am good to go. Until next time. Not just with guide button, channel, volume any of them will make remote stop for 15 seconds.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem with your Comcast remote control. I would like to suggest a few things before having you exchange the remote control.

First, try changing the batteries in the remote control.(Sounds like you have already done this)

Another thing to try would be to unplug your cable box from the AC power outlet and then plug it back in again. That may straighten things out. (Sounds like you already tried this).

Sometimes there can also be interference with compact florescent light bulbs (CFLs) in the room.

If you are still having a problem, you can exchange your Comcast remote control at any of our area service centers at no charge or call us at 1-800-COMCAST and we can arrange to get a replacement remote control out to you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue since install.  It most likely the box freezing and not accepting the remote.  It seems like it is the remote but the signal light on the box is still flashing along with the remote button presses.

Frequent Visitor

I requested a mm new remote, I will let you know what happens then.
Silver Problem Solver

SirJ wrote:

I'm having the same issue since install.  It most likely the box freezing and not accepting the remote.  It seems like it is the remote but the signal light on the box is still flashing along with the remote button presses.

OK then probably is the box then, if it acknowledges the signal but doesn't process it.