Community Forum

remote control

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

remote control

I just received a new remote control to go wtih a new cable box with 4k. The remote doesn't seem to have a 5 second playback. Was this removed from this version? I used to use it all the time. thanks 

Official Employee

Re: remote control

@sschickler wrote:

I just received a new remote control to go wtih a new cable box with 4k. The remote doesn't seem to have a 5 second playback. Was this removed from this version? I used to use it all the time. thanks 

Yes it (15 second playback) was removed in the XR15 remote. 

Expert

@sschickler wrote:

the future is to use voice control (you said 5 but meant 15 second flashback). you can say 'fast forward 5 minutes or 5 seconds or 150 seconds etc or say rewind using any choices. you can't mix like 1 minute 15 seconds although 75 seconds works fine.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Thanks so much for the fast response. I think that means that for now the 15 second playback is not operative on the new remote?  I did try using a voice command and it didn't seem to work.

Expert

@sschickler wrote:

Thanks so much for the fast response. I think that means that for now the 15 second playback is not operative on the new remote?  I did try using a voice command and it didn't seem to work.

press the voice button and you should get a beep. as a test say "about". the remote should already be rf paired (for voice).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.