Community Forum

recording shows that aire more than two weeks in the future

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

recording shows that aire more than two weeks in the future

I have the X1 system. Is there a way to set the X1 to record a new TV series that will be on more than two weeks into the future. There are several seasonal shows that we watch every year that will not automatically record unless I set up the recording within the two weeks that the guide shows. I don't want to set the X1 to record each time a new season of a series is starting over. Am I missing something or is this a programming issue with X1. TIVO is capable of remembering what show I watch and record new shows season after season.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: recording shows that aire more than two weeks in the future

If you set up a series recording then it does stay set up between seasons of the show...

Official Employee

John3758 wrote:

If you set up a series recording then it does stay set up between seasons of the show...

Generally, that's true but unfortunately, just this week I came across an example where this didn't happen. Because Survivor isn't called just Survivor every season, it would need to be set up as a new series everytime, ie last season it was called Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance, the upcoming season is Survivor:Koah Rong. 

If if the title remains the same season to season it will be there.

if it's a brand new series you'll have to wait til it's within that 2 week timeframe or at the very least when it shows up using the many search functions

Expert

ComcastAndrew wrote:

John3758 wrote:

Generally, that's true but unfortunately, just this week I came across an example where this didn't happen. Because Survivor isn't called just Survivor every season, it would need to be set up as a new series everytime, ie last season it was called Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance, the upcoming season is Survivor:Koah Rong. 

if it's a brand new series you'll have to wait til it's within that 2 week timeframe or at the very least when it shows up using the many search functions

so far haven't had that issue with 'program' renames for survivor (wife watches it) when a new season (and name) comes out I do check to see that the recording is scheduled. my guess is that there is a database number for the 'series' that allows the scheduler to know it is the same series and to record it.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

i want to record the Ken Burns Vietnam war series that starts 9/17. But cant seem to set recordings after 9/15. is there a way to program shows more than 2 weeks into the future?

Valued Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

John3758 wrote:

so far haven't had that issue with 'program' renames for survivor (wife watches it) when a new season (and name) comes out I do check to see that the recording is scheduled. my guess is that there is a database number for the 'series' that allows the scheduler to know it is the same series and to record it.

Your experience has not been mine. I have had to reprogram Survivor every season. The same with Survivorman. I have three series recordings for that series Survivorman, Survivorman and Son and Survivorman Bigfoot (or whatever its called). 

Expert

gll0303 wrote:

i want to record the Ken Burns Vietnam war series that starts 9/17. But cant seem to set recordings after 9/15. is there a way to program shows more than 2 weeks into the future?

of course if it is a series, yes. If it has a star that is in every show then a favorite set on that star name may work. I have a few shows (example signed, sealed, and delivered) that I check weekly using a phone weekly reminder. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.