Community Forum

record multiple programs at same sime

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: record multiple programs at same sime

based on Andrew's post you might want to swap one of the XiD boxes for same-price XG2 that has 3 tuners to 'loan out'. That will keep your remaining XiD from taking a tuner slot from the DVR leaving all 6 tuners available to record programming.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Do you get an error message (you should if you can’t) when you try an additional recording? You have a 6 tuner DVR with 2 XiD’s so you have tuners available for more than one at a time.
Expert

@tvholic803 wrote:

How do you record more than one show at the same time on the X1 tv box?  I tried and it only recorded one show.

would you use voice remote "About" and reply back with the set to box 'version'? for example mine says STB Version MX011AN. do you have other set top boxes? what are the model numbers if so. 

for X1 service with set top boxes the DVR should have 6 tuners (can all record at one time) except for the oldest version (5 at one time). Some combinations of set top boxes in the home can reduce (unnecessarily) the number of shows you can record at one time. if you have other set top boxes if you can do the same 'about' someone can respond with possible changes to get your full number of same time recordings increased.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Contributor

@tvholic803 wrote:

How do you record more than one show at the same time on the X1 tv box?  I tried and it only recorded one show.

I've recorded 2 things at a time with no problem on x1. 

New Poster

record multiple programs at same sime