Community Forum

"all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

"all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones

Is there a way to correct X1 DVR from recording all instances of a new episode during the week? For example, if you record the series "The Simpsons" with only new on Fox, the DVR will record the Sunday 8 PM episode, but also will record the Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday same new episode at 1 AM.  Or, the same with "Mr. Robot" series recording that will record the Wednesday night 10 PM on USA, but also the Sunday 2 AM showing of the same new episode.

Expert

Re: "all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones


kite11 wrote:

Is there a way to correct X1 DVR from recording all instances of a new episode during the week? For example, if you record the series "The Simpsons" with only new on Fox, the DVR will record the Sunday 8 PM episode, but also will record the Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday same new episode at 1 AM.  Or, the same with "Mr. Robot" series recording that will record the Wednesday night 10 PM on USA, but also the Sunday 2 AM showing of the same new episode.


if the episodes are not marked 'repeat' (that is they are 'new' or no flag is set) they will record. If the recording is still on the hard drive I've never had it record a repeat episode.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: "all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones

I have been manually deleting in advanced the individual scheduled duplicate new episodes that are past the original showing. I will leave them on the list of scheduled recordings, and leave the original first recording on the dvr as you mentioned. Thanks. Still wish they would provide a choice to only record the original showing episode of a series.

Official Employee

Re: "all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones

Try deleting your series recording and use the guide to find the channel that the show is on at the time that you want to record, and set up a new series recording that way.
Frequent Visitor

Re: "all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones

I deleted "The Simpsons" series recordings. I placed new recordings for the episode, from the 7:59 pm Sunday episode in the Guide for the local Fox station. Under Scheduled, then appears future Sunday new episodes. In addition, also appears in the Scheduled multiple days of 12:59 am The Simpsons on the same channel. Same thing happened when I delete episodic recording of "Mr. Robot" and the record the new episodes on USA channel from the Guide on 10/11. The Schedule then also lists 10/15 1:59 am Mr. Robot on USA.
Valued Contributor

Re: "all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones


kite11 wrote:
I deleted "The Simpsons" series recordings. I placed new recordings for the episode, from the 7:59 pm Sunday episode in the Guide for the local Fox station. Under Scheduled, then appears future Sunday new episodes. In addition, also appears in the Scheduled multiple days of 12:59 am The Simpsons on the same channel. Same thing happened when I delete episodic recording of "Mr. Robot" and the record the new episodes on USA channel from the Guide on 10/11. The Schedule then also lists 10/15 1:59 am Mr. Robot on USA.

I have seen the issue as well and as Rustyben mentioned some of the episodes in the guide are not labeled or marked as a repeat by the company providing the info so the episodes will record anyway. Just manually dealete them or keep prior episodes on the DVR to prevent duplicates.

Frequent Visitor

Re: "all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones

Comcast Andrew:  Thanks. Looks like Comcast needs to differentiate on the Guide a new episode of a series and this same new episode of a series that is repeated several other days in the same week. If the Guide labels cannot be changed, then perhaps an additional recording option of "record new episodes only on _________ {choice of days of week}"

Silver Problem Solver

Re: "all episodes, new" records multiple same new ones


kite11 wrote:

Comcast Andrew:  Thanks. Looks like Comcast needs to differentiate on the Guide a new episode of a series and this same new episode of a series that is repeated several other days in the same week. If the Guide labels cannot be changed, then perhaps an additional recording option of "record new episodes only on _________ {choice of days of week}"


Comcast uses a third party to provide that information; they have no control over what they provide.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.