Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

"Ultra HD Sampler" app playback problems

Problem Solver

"Ultra HD Sampler" app playback problems

I tried to watch the Season 1, episode 1, on "Power" using the "Ultra HD Sampler" app for Samsung and LG televisions. I have used this app since it first came available.

What was shown on the link was an episode from "Superstore". The picture was expanded to showing what amounted to about 1/4 of a normal 4K picture (my estimate).

Please see that this problem is escalated to the correct  department.

Accepted Solutions
Problem Solver

Re: "Ultra HD Sampler" app playback problems

As of today, 9/21/17, I found that "Superstore" was eliminated from this 4K app. Only old episodes of "Power" and "Outlander" remain.

It looks to me that Comcast considers this app as "Ancient History". Too bad since I was one of a handfull to see all the episodes of shows put on this 4K app. That included all of the 4K Rio Olympic sports supplied on the app by Japan.

All Replies
Problem Solver

I rechecked today. The episode played was "Rebranding" Superstore from Season 2. The episode played in correct screen size today, but was not the "Power" episode.

I tried "Power" Season 1, Episode 2 and got a "Power" episode on this test.

Problem Solver

As of today, 9/21/17, I found that "Superstore" was eliminated from this 4K app. Only old episodes of "Power" and "Outlander" remain.

It looks to me that Comcast considers this app as "Ancient History". Too bad since I was one of a handfull to see all the episodes of shows put on this 4K app. That included all of the 4K Rio Olympic sports supplied on the app by Japan.