Community Forum

"Restart" a show in X1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: This is a scam

BruceW wrote:

copper48 wrote: The email I received said that if a show is currently live you can restart it. ...

A reply by a Comcast employee to http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Restart-Show-Command/m-p/2986708#M138772 "explains" this:

It will only work if what you're trying to Restart is available On Demand.

But since when is a "live" program available On Demand??? The email clearly says:

" ... restart any live TV program from the beginning, even if you weren't recording."

Some shows are being recorded on our On Demand servers in real time for near video on demand playback (like this Restart feature). 

Official Employee

Re: "Restart" a show in X1

copper48 wrote:

The email I received said that if a show is currently live you can restart it.  No you can't

Apologies for any confusion. Using the X1 Voice Remote Control, say "Restart" while holding down the blue microphone button. 

Gold Problem Solver

copper48 wrote: The email I received said that if a show is currently live you can restart it. ...

A reply by a Comcast employee to http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Restart-Show-Command/m-p/2986708#M138772 "explains" this:

It will only work if what you're trying to Restart is available On Demand.

But since when is a "live" program available On Demand??? The email clearly says:

" ... restart any live TV program from the beginning, even if you weren't recording."
Expert

I believe doing that to a live show would require having the signal passed through a DVR and signal fed to your tv. Are you doing that?

Frequent Visitor

"Restart" a show in X1

The email I received said that if a show is currently live you can restart it.  No you can't