Community Forum

"Free to me" guide view most channels missing!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: "Free to me" guide view most channels missing!

I have internet service. Not sure why you don't think I do. Bottom line 145 and 476 shows up on my Free to Me guide on my X1 box remote when these 2 channels are not part of my package. I tried talking to a Comcast support chat person and she couldn't do anything. Suppose I will just have to leave them on my Free to Me guide. Thanks anyway.

Expert

@MSDOGS1976 wrote:

Under my account app I do not see a tv tab. The channels that show up on my guide(free to me) are 145 and 476. Both CMT channels. I have a digital starter plan. When I click on them they show ......'subscription required'. 

iOS bottom of the screen right side. for android scroll down and under the TV you will find internet. if you have checked there and found (still) no internet service, jot down the HFC MAC address of your modem/gateway and call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to add your gateway to an outlet on your account.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Under my account app I do not see a tv tab. The channels that show up on my guide(free to me) are 145 and 476. Both CMT channels. I have a digital starter plan. When I click on them they show ......'subscription required'. 

Expert

@MSDOGS1976 wrote:

I have the opposite problem I get a couple of channels on the Free to Me guide that are not part of my digital starter package. How do I get rid of those?

if the channel is 'netflix' (app) can't fix that. if a linear channel (numbered) pick one channel and run the xfinity my Account app select TV tab and at the top select view channel lineup. is the channel numbered shown there?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

I have the opposite problem I get a couple of channels on the Free to Me guide that are not part of my digital starter package. How do I get rid of those?

Regular Contributor

No problem and thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Sorry, I didn’t get to respond earlier. I was going to suggest that but for future reference to access that option yourself, press the A button. Or use the myaccount app
Regular Contributor

Ok good news I was able to fix the issue by calling comcast Smiley Happy

They just had to do a refresh on the account and that fix it.

Regular Contributor

ComcastAndrew are you around? Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

"Free to me" guide view most channels missing!

All of a sudden when I use "Free to me" on the X1 Guide a lot of channels like HBO or NBC Sports Philadelphia for example do not show on the guide and it tells me I need to swich to All Channels to view them. If I enter the channel number while using Free to me it does switch to the channel but it will not show on the guide! Before a few days ago Free to me always showed every channel I subscribe to. But now almost all of the good channels are missing from the Free to me guide view!

It started doing this on all my X1 boxes about 3 days ago.

Any ideas why this is now happening and can it be fixed?