Community Forum

px032ani suddenly not working with *no signal* message on tv

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

px032ani suddenly not working with *no signal* message on tv

Woke up to "no signal" message on my tv this morning. I figured I'd do the usual unplug box for a few minutes, and plug it back up. Well, that didn't work this time. SO I used the app, and the app shows that the box is connected, so I use the app to do a reset of the box. That didn't work either, so just for good measure, I swap HDMI cables, and power it up again......still not working. All I get after unplugging it, and plugging it back up is 91 blinks of the blue light, then it goes off for 15-30 seconds, and it then comes back on as a solid green light, but I still have no signal to the tv. Hoping to get a quick fix answer here so I don't have to call a foreign tech support person that I cant understand. In case this needs to be known to help with the answer, I am set up like this in my home:

Homerun cable line to den to X4 HD/DVR box (its working perfectly)

Homerun cable line to bedroom to box that isn't working.

Expert

Re: px032ani suddenly not working with *no signal* message on tv

hank40 wrote:

Woke up to "no signal" message on my tv this morning. I figured I'd do the usual unplug box for a few minutes, and plug it back up. Well, that didn't work this time. SO I used the app, and the app shows that the box is connected, so I use the app to do a reset of the box. That didn't work either, so just for good measure, I swap HDMI cables, and power it up again......still not working. All I get after unplugging it, and plugging it back up is 91 blinks of the blue light, then it goes off for 15-30 seconds, and it then comes back on as a solid green light, but I still have no signal to the tv. Hoping to get a quick fix answer here so I don't have to call a foreign tech support person that I cant understand. In case this needs to be known to help with the answer, I am set up like this in my home:

Homerun cable line to den to X4 HD/DVR box (its working perfectly)

Homerun cable line to bedroom to box that isn't working.

locate the actual TV remote and select Input Source and verify the input is set to the same one the Set top box is plugged.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

I forgot to mention that I tried using both HDMI ports on the TV and that didnt work either. 

Expert

hank40 wrote:

I forgot to mention that I tried using both HDMI ports on the TV and that didnt work either. 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

hank40, I see you have an appointment coming up soon. Before the appointment, I'd like to try a few signals to your box. Let me know when I can. 

KenF

Official Employee

hank40 How did your appointment go?