Community Forum

player not working?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

player not working?

i clicked on house hunters to watch(did not have a lock) and it never plays....done this with other shows also do not play... other sites play so i don't think its my computer.... please help.... i love this site...offers lots to watch but its not working on xfinity... thank you

Regular Contributor

Re: player not working?

libraquitta wrote:

i clicked on house hunters to watch(did not have a lock) and it never plays....done this with other shows also do not play... other sites play so i don't think its my computer.... please help.... i love this site...offers lots to watch but its not working on xfinity... thank you

Is this something about your email?

Bronze Problem Solver

@Hook1,

Fwiw, the poster would likely have posted in Forums Feedback, if that board still appeared at the top of the list on the forum landing page.  But now that forum is not available.  We'll see people posting in this forum now, since it's the first one that appears.

Some people just won't bother looking for a board that seems appropriate--or notice the messages that appear at the top of a board's message listing.

I thought about moving this post, when I saw first saw it.  Comcast Websites and DVR Manager... or Web Browser... neither seems like a great new choice.  Same for "Video On Demand"... which the player is, in a way--but not like the VOD available via a STB.  So I'll let somebody else decide.

@libraquitta,

Do you get any sort of error messages?  I suspect there may simply be issues with the player, since my understanding is that the underlying technology has changed not too long ago.

Gold Problem Solver
Official Employee

libraquitta wrote:

I tested House Hunters and found no issues.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

When trying to play a video, what is happening? What are you seeing? A blank screen? An error message? Please be as specific as possible so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe