Community Forum

online info for X1 box not reflecting correct info

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

online info for X1 box not reflecting correct info

Why does my online X! info show my box is 68% full when the actual box only shows about 21% full.  Is my old box (which didn't store as much) still being reflected as the device type?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: online info for X1 box not reflecting correct info

It's normal. The cloud records 60 hours period. HD and SD recordings count the same. But the DVR is limited by the hard drive space and HD recordings on the DVR take much more recording space than SD recordings do.

If you were to delete every single recording that you have and then record only HD programs I suspect the DVR and cloud will run fairly close percentages.

Also if you replaced your DVR recently that will cause a mismatch of percentages as well. When you replace a DVR the cloud recordings remain built the DVR stored recordings are gone. I just swapped my DVR and I show 20 to 25% on the DVR and 60 to 65% on the cloud.

If you need more info there is at least one long running thread in this forum discussing this issue.
New Poster

Re: online info for X1 box not reflecting correct info

Thanks RickGr4! I'll look for the previous string.