Community Forum

on demand works fine but no channels available on X1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

on demand works fine but no channels available on X1

We had comcast TV and internest sevrvice years ago....no X1. After signing up for a new package and receiving my new box in the mail, I get on demand fine as well as the channel guide. My internet works fine.

Everytime we try to tune to a live tv channel we get error message XRE-00021there was a problem tuning to thus channel please tune to another channel.

Chatted with online help and reset the box and several other things......no change

My sone tells me I need a "filter" placed on my outside line sice I never had X1 before.    Any help?

Official Employee

Re: on demand works fine but no channels available on X1

mako wrote:

We had comcast TV and internest sevrvice years ago....no X1. After signing up for a new package and receiving my new box in the mail, I get on demand fine as well as the channel guide. My internet works fine.

Everytime we try to tune to a live tv channel we get error message XRE-00021there was a problem tuning to thus channel please tune to another channel.

Chatted with online help and reset the box and several other things......no change

My sone tells me I need a "filter" placed on my outside line sice I never had X1 before.    Any help?

That's an error code for a tuning error. Your dvr is way out of spec. Can you give a little detail on how your cable is ran, splitters, amps, etc

Unrelated to X1, your modem is out of spec too

Frequent Visitor

No splitters no booster....cable cable modem then to the set top box.

Modem is running fine...........on demand is running fine just no on air tv.

Frequent Visitor

My son and I did run the cable directly from where it enters the house to the set top box with no modem.....still same error codes

Official Employee

You've got 2 devices, so there's a splitter somewhere. The X1 box signal levels are the same. If it's 100% going directly from outside to the box, you've got a drop problem and/or an outside maintenance issue. You'll need a tech out, I've escalated to a colleague that can get one scheduled if you wish
Official Employee

Hi mako, I can assist in scheduling a technician for you so they can find and correct the underlying issues.  To get started, please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Thanks

But I already have a tech coming tomorrow between 2 and 4

Official Employee

Sounds good, glad you were able to get a visit scheduled.  If you don't mind I would like to follow up with you  after the technician visit.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi mako,  thank you for the update via private message and glad to hear the technician was able to isolate the issue down to a filter and upon removal your channels were restored.  If you have any questions or concerns in the future please feel free to reach out here.

Thank you