Community Forum

on demand or the lack thereof

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

on demand or the lack thereof

why are there no resolutions to the question of why so many shows are no longer showing up on demand. It was great until about a month ago.

I see lots of questions about this, but no answers.

Expert

Re: on demand or the lack thereof

mbarmes wrote:

why are there no resolutions to the question of why so many shows are no longer showing up on demand. It was great until about a month ago.

I see lots of questions about this, but no answers.

Shows are put on On Demand by the content provider, not Comcast.  Shows that are no longer showing up are either in a seasonal break, or have been canceled, or the content provider has decided to not put the show up on On Demand.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

Re: on demand or the lack thereof

There have been many reasons for this posted already.

Things have changed. There are more ways for owners of programs to pick and choose which company get's to show what. Comcast is now just one of many sources trying to provide programing. I call it greed on the part of the owners.

The result is increasing costs for the consumer, and much less chance to provide the program at different times. We just have to get used to watching the program when first shown, and consider ourselves lucky if the episodes ever show up on ON DEMAND and still be free.