Community Forum

not able to watch programming from subscribed premium channels

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

not able to watch programming from subscribed premium channels

any program on a premium channel, the player starts goes through the ads and then goes to a black screen.  Programs from other network play ok

My Device Information My Zip Code: 32210 My Cable Provider: Comcast Jacksonville One Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.190.243.85 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

New Poster

Re: not able to watch programming from subscribed premium channels

comcast joe where are you?

Silver Problem Solver

are you able to watch them on regular on demand??  have you cleared your cookies and your cache. 

what premium channels that you subscribe to are you not able to access.  ??

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I can't watch mine online either - HBO or Showtime. Says I need to subscribe. But right there in my online account profile, it lists HBO and Showtime.

Silver Problem Solver

I can tell you this.  before the new xfinitytv app I could watch anything now I can barely watch half what I use to, nothing on showtime works, most shows will show a commercial or trailer and then go to black screen. 

If your just trying to watch on your pc then it looks like your account on comcasts end is not coded correctly.

Regular Visitor

anybody get a reply from comcast/xfinity? and i swear if I get asked if I am a comcast subscriber  or am I subscribed to Sho/ HBO/MAX/ Starz I will lose it. If you have my account pulled up that info should be in front of you.

Regular Visitor

ask comcast addresses none of these issues!

New Poster

cleared cache and cookies, i subscribe to hbo and starz, i can watch them on demand TV, nothing online????/

Official Employee

nacho63 wrote:

cleared cache and cookies, i subscribe to hbo and starz, i can watch them on demand TV, nothing online????/

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 16

Safari 5.1

Firefox 8.0

Please follow this threwad for updates:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe